Post-Game Talk: #54 | Coyotes at Flyers | February 12, 2024 | Flyers win 5-3

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Great job by Frost gaining the penalty shot. Terrible job drawing too many PPs though. At least Drysdale provides some movement on the PP, but it is nearly unwatchable.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if Lycksell gets sent down after that early penalty that killed their start

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Fun game to watch. The team works hard and that is 100% on Torts. It’s refreshing to see. I still wish they would fire Rocky.

A few notes

-I really want Drysdale to be the guy. Would be huge for the team.
- TK is so much fun to watch.
- Staal is cooked, Atkinson can’t be on the roster next season
-Frost doing Frost things
-I am happy Laughton is playing well right now. I really hope they sell Laughton and get another high pick. I am all for trying to build via aggregate, but they need to make responsible moves, like this.
Went to the game last night, Drysdale’s skating is even better in person

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Again, this team has holes, they aren’t winning the Cup (especially with a mouth breathing mongoloid running the pp), but I hope they keep winning. Getting the young guys playoff experience and picking in the 19-22 range is much better than just missing and picking 15th or 16th.
The best thing would be winning the cup. All of us need to give credit to deadhead, fletcher, torts danny and Jonesy!

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Tough decision, for sure. On one hand, you want to make moves that improve the team long term.
On the other hand, when a team is on course for the playoffs, plays good hockey, and appears to be a tight-knit group of players it feels wrong to weaken them.
I'm sure the players would understand, but they're still competitive and you don't want to give them the impression their efforts are pointless.

I think best course of action is to just stay put this year.
It begins

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
I don't see it. He has to have an eye on the future and know that this team has potential, but it isn't winning anything this season. Winning a series isn't worth selling valuable assets for.

I think and hope he's smart. Trade off some of the superfluous parts like Laughton and Walker and grow.
the other thing is this year's trade deadline trade block is very weak like there isnt like actual star on the block young or old, it's mostly depth guys, so there's nothing really anything to buy to begin with.

eaglesfan036

Apr 24, 2016
Would you guys be okay if Walker and Laughton were traded and the team acquired a reasonable NHL level backup goalie? How much would that cost

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Would you guys be okay if Walker and Laughton were traded and the team acquired a reasonable NHL level backup goalie? How much would that cost
No. We have enough goalies in the pipeline and pay for Cal P. No need to trade for another one. If you want to do a trade Cal P and a 5th for another Backup with lower costs for example it could be worth. But i doubt it.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Again, this team has holes, they aren’t winning the Cup (especially with a mouth breathing mongoloid running the pp), but I hope they keep winning. Getting the young guys playoff experience and picking in the 19-22 range is much better than just missing and picking 15th or 16th.

That's where I'm at, provided they stick to their word and still move bodies like Laughton and Walker. I'm totally fine with them having their little 5-game playoff flameout if they go into the draft with 3 or 4 mid-to-late 1st rounders to play with.

It depends on Hart I guess. We may need another goalie long term.

Depends on who?

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It depends on Hart I guess. We may need another goalie long term.

There isn't really any uncertainty around Hart. He'll never play another game for the Flyers. None of them are playing in the NHL at all until at least after the trial in 2025 or 2026. After the result of the trial, if they are exonerated they still need permission from Bettman before being allowed back in the NHL. At that point I could see Holland or another GM of his ilk trying to sign Hart.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if Lycksell gets sent down after that early penalty that killed their start
Defenseman pinched, he did the right thing and covered the point. If he had made contact with the puck then play is over. However, the Flyers don't seem to value hand-eye coordination when drafting because almost no one has it. Which also probably had a lot to do with their oh-fer on the PP

Reactions: renberg

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Defenseman pinched, he did the right thing and covered the point. If he had made contact with the puck then play is over. However, the Flyers don't seem to value hand-eye coordination when drafting because almost no one has it. Which also probably had a lot to do with their oh-fer on the PP

Buddy, what you're describing here is called a "cause." TORTS only cares about RESULTS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad