142358439218384_zpsfcw5ugwt.gif

142353351670729_zps96c625a4.jpg

142352690069415_zps93d693c0.jpg

142359689626867_zps32d65a6b.jpg

142360093595755_zps1e810d8c.jpg

142353608972752_zps5278becf.jpg

Penguins Report: Game Day vs. Detroit

MORNING SKATE INFO
Christian Ehrhoff (concussion-like symptoms) and Mark Arcobello (waivers) were not at the Pens' morning skate. Blake Comeau (upper body) skated on a line with Evgeni Malkin and Patric Hornqvist. It's a positive sign that he may be returning to the lineup.

The team used the following workflow...

Kunitz-Crosby-Perron
Comeau-Malkin-Hornqvist
Spaling-Sutter-Downie
Sill-Lapierre-Adams
(Bennett)

Pouliot/Harrington-Bortuzzo
Letang-Martin
Scuderi-Despres

--Sam Kasan

142360170051635_zpsd3ce8ba1.png

Always look on the bright side of life. (Whistling)

Real busy at work. I got a bit inspired in short time. Mistakes....Off with my hands.​

Last edited:

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Time to rewatch some Monty Python.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The Wings may be the class of the East this year and if we bring the sort of performance that's been our general standard the last month or so, we're going to get blown out of the water. They're 9-1 in their last 10.

Too much youth and skilled depth at forward to overcome with anything less than our "A" game.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
Bennett actually played really well with Sutter and Downie the last few times I can remember. So let's hope Beau can stay in the line-up.
I was also thinking about our line-up this year and how it is different from last year(because in our frustrations we have jokingly or seriously said that there is no real change from last year to this year) but at least Sid and Malkin only(at most) have one anchor to carry on their line. I mean, Perron has been excellent and has taken some pressure off Sid. This year in the playoffs, no team will be able to double team Sid and get away with it. Perron will be able to pick up the slack. I also think Malkin works really well with Comeau in the same way he has with other role players throughout his career. I actually think our line-up looks solid.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Brilliant! You should definitely do a "Holy Grail" one for the playoffs, it just makes too much sense. Fleury scores on himself? "Tis a scratch!" Adams is out on a 4 on 4? "It's but a flesh wound!" Kudos, sir!

Giant Yankee Pens

May 17, 2010
Bennett actually played really well with Sutter and Downie the last few times I can remember. So let's hope Beau can stay in the line-up.
I was also thinking about our line-up this year and how it is different from last year(because in our frustrations we have jokingly or seriously said that there is no real change from last year to this year) but at least Sid and Malkin only(at most) have one anchor to carry on their line. I mean, Perron has been excellent and has taken some pressure off Sid. This year in the playoffs, no team will be able to double team Sid and get away with it. Perron will be able to pick up the slack. I also think Malkin works really well with Comeau in the same way he has with other role players throughout his career. I actually think our line-up looks solid.

I agree. Would it be better if Beau was with Geno, Horns was with Sid and Perron, and Kunitz moved to L2 or L3? Sure. But not to the point that this healthy lineup shouldn't produce. I mean, if Sid wants/likes Kuny so much... Produce!

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The Wings may be the class of the East this year and if we bring the sort of performance that's been our general standard the last month or so, we're going to get blown out of the water. They're 9-1 in their last 10.

Too much youth and skilled depth at forward to overcome with anything less than our "A" game.

What is youth and skilled depth?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Ugh frustrating that MJ and his staff believe just throwing in a Comeau, who hasn't played in more than a month will fix everything. Get Beau in there man.

Hope they lose because of it.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
This is the healthiest the pens have been in a long time. They're also coming off a game where they got embarrassed and have had a nice break after 3 games in 4 nights. If they come out flat and uninspired tonight i'll be worried.

Nei1ey*

Predicting someone getting hurt tonight now that we're almost at full health. Don't even care anymore.

giphy.gif

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Great GDT.

Vive les Francophones!

BTW, did you guys know that Pittsburgh was originally a French settlement called Fort Duquesne? (I guess you all knew, but I was psyched-out when I found out :laugh:)

Hundreds of people right now are going "OH, THAT'S WHY THE CALL THE 279N OUTBOUND BRIDGE FORT DUQUESNE BRIDGE!!!!" hahaha.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Was there a morning skate today?

Penguins Report: Game Day vs. Detroit

MORNING SKATE INFO
Christian Ehrhoff (concussion-like symptoms) and Mark Arcobello (waivers) were not at the Pens' morning skate. Blake Comeau (upper body) skated on a line with Evgeni Malkin and Patric Hornqvist. It's a positive sign that he may be returning to the lineup.

The team used the following workflow...

Kunitz-Crosby-Perron
Comeau-Malkin-Hornqvist
Spaling-Sutter-Downie
Sill-Lapierre-Adams
(Bennett)

Pouliot/Harrington-Bortuzzo
Letang-Martin
Scuderi-Despres

--Sam Kasan

Status
Not open for further replies.