GDT: 53 | Washington Capitals @ Pittsburgh Penguins | 7PM EST | Yay Reaves is back... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Has Wilson done anything stupid as of late? I feel like he's trying to actually play hockey now and seems to be distracted from being his usual idiotic self.

I can't stand our bottom six pivots, please JR do something!
Rcbg5i8.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
My concern is that the ****ty L4 will screw them and the change they’ll make for tomorrow is hunwick back in. Points are one thing but regressing the lineup would be terrible.

Definitely looking at that 4th line, it's hard to not see that. Especially in a game where Rust just had 2 goals and we rolled 4. Drives me nuts. Why go backwards? Big bad Washington is coming to play? Who f***ing cares? They need points, too. I don't think they are going to goon it up. Sit Kuhn, add Reaves, and keep a skilled 4th line-ish.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This game pretty much guarantees someone from the Pens will be injured. I'm going to say Maatta.

I'd rather it was Matt Hunwick pulling a Brent Sopel when he was with the Hawks, bending over to pick up a cracker and wham, career over.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Definitely looking at that 4th line, it's hard to not see that. Especially in a game where Rust just had 2 goals and we rolled 4. Drives me nuts. Why go backwards? Big bad Washington is coming to play? Who ****ing cares? They need points, too. I don't think they are going to goon it up. Sit Kuhn, add Reaves, and keep a skilled 4th line-ish.

Adding Reaves kind of defeats the point of a “skilled” 4th line. That’s the issue.

Kuhn is 100x more “skilled” than Reaves.

Ideal Reaves line would’ve been something along the lines of what we had when Asham and Rupp were here.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Definitely looking at that 4th line, it's hard to not see that. Especially in a game where Rust just had 2 goals and we rolled 4. Drives me nuts. Why go backwards? Big bad Washington is coming to play? Who ****ing cares? They need points, too. I don't think they are going to goon it up. Sit Kuhn, add Reaves, and keep a skilled 4th line-ish.

Reaves is the least of that lines problems

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'd rather it was Matt Hunwick pulling a Brent Sopel when he was with the Hawks, bending over to pick up a cracker and wham, career over.

Crosby runs into Malkin, his stick hits Kessel, his reflex punch knocks out Murray, then Jake breaks down with an anxiety attack mid game from all what happened.

But Maatta is still getting injured from Wilson.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Adding Reaves kind of defeats the point of a “skilled” 4th line. That’s the issue.

Ideal Reaves line would’ve been something along the lines of what we had when Asham and Rupp were here.
What the hell was that line?
Rupp, Vitale, Asham? Or was it Park?

Lmao, I still can't believe Richard Park came back that one year.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007

Kuhn isn't 100x more skilled than anyone

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

I’m just really confused about Blueger not getting a game yet. They can’t have human shield, complacent and punchy as a line and they keep doing it even after seeing a better line. Call up Blueger or call up Sprong to replace Sheary and keep Rust on L4 to carry it. Like you said, they can play their precious tough guy and still bring up someone who doesn’t make that crap.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007

Congrats btw!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
When was the last time Reaves fought? I feel like Big Rig tuned up a Ranger or something for making a run at Reaves last time. I felt like that game was basically the end of Reaves on this team, hopefully he's moved at the TDL, another team might be able to use him better or want him for their team toughness. Oleksiak is perfectly fine for us, it would suck to have him sit for 5mins but the other option is wasting a roster spot for 4-5mins of a player that the coach doesn't trust, right?

You keep doing you bud.
pqv59BO.gif

Reactions: ColePens

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Reaves is the least of that lines problems

No, he is part of the problem. He is ok, but he doesn't fit what we do. Having Rust on that line fitted what we do (having Sid double-shifting helped).

We are one center short. The likes of Dea and Rowney won't cut it. We need a 3C and the ability to go Kuhn - Sheahan - Rust on the fourth line. Ideally, calling up Sprong and go with Simon/Sprong and Sheary/Rust as guys that play with Sid and a few shifts with Sheahan. That's how we won 2 Cups. Depth at forwards, use Sid on 2 lines when needed. Speed and skills, one of the 3 superstars on the ice at pretty much all times, defense by committee and Murray. Reaves does NOT fit that. I have no problems with Reaves playing the odd game, I do not want to see him in the playoffs. Hell, it was dumb to acquire him because he doesn't fit what we do. He is not the problem, he is the best at what he does and can play better than all goons, he was just never a fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad