Post-Game Talk: #53 | Oilers at FLYERS | Tuesday, Mar. 1, 2022 | 7:00 pm ET | SN1, NBCSP

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Jones and Jackson managed to turn Sanheim's game into a criticism: played great, but he needs to do it with more frequency, without any PP time -- despite already doing this with frequency.

"Risto praise, blah blah. He needs to be on the PP at net front."

No I think I see their thinking. At his own net he's elite at setting screens without engaging anyone. It stands to reason he can do that in the offensive zone

Coalregion12

Mar 15, 2021
ZFF2W94.jpg
I want to get a copy of this. Go to next home game. Put it on a huge billboard. Unfurl it during the game.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Chuck: “I want some more of this please. Defense is important, but it’s okay if you’re bad at it while being big.”

Quit being dramatic ted there's some blue in there. Besides what else would you expect when the team's 1C, 2C, and 1D are all injured? These models display team statistics, not individual performance. If you want to see some poor defense take a look at Morgan Frost

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Pretty usual game during this streak, Flyers played pretty even, even held Oilers to 1 goal in 4 PP tries, but just got stoned.
Laughton's line struggled b/c they were outmatched by McJesus, surprise, surprise.
The problem is just a lack of talent right now.
Good to see Farabee getting his legs back, but they need a lot more.

Risto isn't horrible, he's just not worth a big money extension or what they paid for him.
If they gave up a 2nd and 3rd, and signed him to a 4x4 extension, it would be "no news."

Reactions: Legion of Gloom

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Going to be so depressing when they extend Ristolainen. And the guy who signed him will be gone after next year is a disaster. That same guy is picking the next head coach who we will be stuck with for at least 3 years. That same guy went all in this year and is a bottom 5 team in the league. Le sigh
If they re-sign Ristolainen they will sign a dino coach, cause a coach with analytics background isnt signing with our team. he knows he cant ice a team he can win with!(winning games, not winning cups!)

I bet it will be Torts or someone of his ilk. old, rusty, old hockey mind, block shots, work hard, BE A f***ING FLYER! And we will be as bad as this year!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad