Oct 20, 2016
No proven goalie.
No Centers
7 dman
Echl Backup goalie
Atkinson and Couts one hit from career ending
No #1 dman
No #1 Center

I like Ersson and Drysdale and i love TK and Sanheim. But if anyone think this team is any more than a one season wonder or a cInDeReLla Story is due for a huge disapointment!

Best case for me is Montreal from a few years again. Stanley Cup Final and back to league bottom dwellers.... yeah Flyers
Urghhhhh we know.....Jesus christ. It doesn't need to be posted in every f***ing thread. We're just enjoying the ride.

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
I didn’t get why the Seattle goal was upheld after the offside challenge. Can someone explain it to me?

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
No proven goalie.
No Centers
7 dman
Echl Backup goalie
No #1 dman
No #1 Center

I like Ersson and Drysdale and i love TK and Sanheim. But if anyone think this team is any more than a one season wonder or a cInDeReLla Story is due for a huge disapointment!

Best case for me is Montreal from a few years again. Stanley Cup Final and back to league bottom dwellers.... yeah Flyers
On the bright side, if they bottom out next year, perhaps they’ll finally be able to draft the 1C they so badly need.

I don’t disagree with you, but at this point I’m just gonna enjoy this season. I’d much rather have them make the playoffs then barely miss and pick 15th or 16th.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I had a good time. Liked how they played.
Obv seen you post for like 13 yrs or whatever now…and I know you get called negative by a few postere, and it’s hard to not be negative, but I always respect your honest opinion after games. Obv I think we both don’t trust the front office to do anything the right way the last 10 years…

But if someone or the team plays good, you always give credit where it is due

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
Why do I and so many others have so little faith in this team? I'm always waiting for the crash. Don't mind Torts defensive schemes, but his personnel choices are horrid. Staal and Deslaurier should never play another NHL game.... They are horrid, and I really don't say that with exaggeration. Horrible. I hope they make playoffs at this stage, draft a few spots lower, but they probably wouldn't get top 8 anyways, so whatever.

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
Whatever your feelings are about the team and how they should proceed, they are playing with a lot of energy. I’m in the camp where we need to pull the team apart and build it back again from scratch, but they are fun to watch. I haven’t enjoyed watching them play in years, so I’ll take it while it’s here.

I have such a bad taste in my mouth when Hakstol is around. The last year he was here was some of the most boring, heartless hockey I’ve ever seen. I had friends visit from Alabama that season, so i took them to there first hockey game. I had to explain to them that hockey was a lot more exciting than what they just witnessed lol

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
No proven goalie.
No Centers
7 dman
Echl Backup goalie
No #1 dman
No #1 Center

Ersson lots of potential and plenty of prospect goalies.
1c 2c 3c IF Michkov is who we hope he is Michkov/Couts/Frost/Poehling/Barkey in future is enough down the middle.
Backup g next year is hopefully Kolosov.

They will trade Walker, Staal will be traded or not resigned end of season
So your d in 24-25 is
sanheim, drysdale, york, seeler, andrae, fisto, zamula
bonk down the road

For sure flyers are missing a 1d guy. Its obvious. But for the first time in a long time the flyers can put out legit 6d men. No ada. NO Yandle. No Hagg. Flawed? For sure. Rejoicing I don't have to see a stiff 6th man? Absolutely! As much as i might hate Risto at his salary, talent wise he is light years ahead of yandle, hagg, and ada.

The flyers wont win a cup in 24 or 25. I hate the benchings of Torts and drives me batty. But its better than hakshell and av (way way low bar I admit).

Let see what Briere can do with Laughton, Walker, trades. I am not pounding confidence in Briere yet. But its better than knowing Flusher will fudge it up.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
100%
All I want is competent enough that you don't have to trade a pick for Reimer, Allen, etc. That a pretty low bar. But Cal is a pretty low goalie. I also not would be remotely shocked IF the leafs and flyers made a trade, Samsonov is the salary piece coming back from the leafs. Woll injury status being the main issue
Samsonov is a UFA after the season; I could see him thrown in a deadline trade for salary purposes.

That said, what’s up with him? He’s been dreadful this season. And was terrible two years ago, too. Was good last year.

He’s too talented to be this poor & inconsistent. Wonder what’s going on with him.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Obv seen you post for like 13 yrs or whatever now…and I know you get called negative by a few postere, and it’s hard to not be negative, but I always respect your honest opinion after games. Obv I think we both don’t trust the front office to do anything the right way the last 10 years…

But if someone or the team plays good, you always give credit where it is due

This is my favorite game of the year. The LV/DAL thumpings were very nice but those games seemed to me like systems mismatches where opponent adjustment or planning neutralizes things. Last night they did everything at ES I've been asking for. They didn't turn down horizontal passing opportunities in favor of single-mindedly charging the net. Hell I inquired about them overdoing it for the first time in a calendar year. They were taking everything that was there and broke out of a stylistic rut to do so. That's great. It was fun. It was interesting. There was no simple or easy thing for SEA to tweak to get back into the game. It was far away from sludge hockey.

Not that there was anything wrong with the rest of the season; every game is as unique as a snowflake crafted by an angel and I am thankful for them all. I'm very positive now.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Ersson lots of potential and plenty of prospect goalies.
1c 2c 3c IF Michkov is who we hope he is Michkov/Couts/Frost/Poehling/Barkey in future is enough down the middle.
Backup g next year is hopefully Kolosov.

They will trade Walker, Staal will be traded or not resigned end of season
So your d in 24-25 is
sanheim, drysdale, york, seeler, andrae, fisto, zamula
bonk down the road

For sure flyers are missing a 1d guy. Its obvious. But for the first time in a long time the flyers can put out legit 6d men. No ada. NO Yandle. No Hagg. Flawed? For sure. Rejoicing I don't have to see a stiff 6th man? Absolutely! As much as i might hate Risto at his salary, talent wise he is light years ahead of yandle, hagg, and ada.

The flyers wont win a cup in 24 or 25. I hate the benchings of Torts and drives me batty. But its better than hakshell and av (way way low bar I admit).

Let see what Briere can do with Laughton, Walker, trades. I am not pounding confidence in Briere yet. But its better than knowing Flusher will fudge it up.
i like your optimism but i cant bring myself to believe in these things!

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad