GDT: [#53] Arizona Coyotes @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW)

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
The way they are playing lately looks really good, aside from the lapse to let the yotes back in the game.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I was going to list out every player putting in a ton of effort right now that's contributing to these wins, but the truth is its everyone lately. We aren't the most talented group but this team is throwing everything they have into these games recently. Absolutely love it

Special props to Cogliano, Faksa, Hintz, and Gurianov though

Stevonidas

Wanna go pretty boy?
Jul 14, 2007
The Lone Star State
The physical play the last couple weeks has been great and call me crazy but teams look a little intimidated of Dallas. Benn doing his thing, acquiring Oleksiak, Ritchie and Comeau hitting everything that moves, and the hall of famer Polak on the blue line makes for one nasty team for a league that has gone soft.

The speed of Hintz, Gurianov, and Cogliano has also been huge.
Maybe it's just me but the last few games, especially the two in Nashville, have felt like watching playoff games. Low scoring, big saves, lots of hitting, etc.

Reactions: The Tourist

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Diggin' the Gurianov - Hintz - Ritchie line.

Would look reallyyyy good with a strong scoring right winger on that line

Seems like Gurianov and Hintz generate several chances per game though and tonight they both got rewarded with points

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I would probably attribute it to playing a lot more in his own zone this year. His DZone starts have gone up a ton and so has his corsi against/60

That too but he is making an concerted effort to actually throw the body out there. Remember when he hit Draisaitl and Nurse or Koivu with 5 second to play in a period for a big hit ? He didnd't make those kinds of hits last year.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I was going to list out every player putting in a ton of effort right now that's contributing to these wins, but the truth is its everyone lately. We aren't the most talented group but this team is throwing everything they have into these games recently. Absolutely love it

Special props to Cogliano, Faksa, Hintz, and Gurianov though

Cogliano has been a workhorse during the stretch. His motor never stops. Doesn’t have a ton of talent beyond skating, but his relentlessness makes a difference.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Janmark also looks better, too.

If we could find a way to ditch Ritchie and Comeau and add two actually-effective forwards (at the very least good skaters), there’s no telling what kind of damage this team could do.

Reactions: gentleman scholar

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Didn't realize we have that 5 game road trip. Oof huge test coming up

Nashville
Arizona
Florida
Tampa Bay
Carolina

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Ritchie is automatically suspended for next game because of the game missconduct or do i remember this wrong ?

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Ritchie is automatically susped for next game because of the game missconduct or do i remember this wrong ?

Not in the NHL, unless he’s already had two previously this season.

If this were youth or junior hockey, then he would be.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Not to overreact, but this is our year **** it trade for Duchene lets get this ball rollin'.

I'd think that if (management assumes that) Hintz and Gurianov are taking their game to the next level, it's likely that the Stars don't deal them and as a result, take away from the table the very pieces that can bring in Duchene in a trade?

I won't be surprised if 02/25 passes and Nill does nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00