GDT: [#53] Arizona Coyotes @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
There's so many sellers this year because so many teams are kind of bad that didn't expect it so i don't think Nill is standing pat completely. Prices should be pretty low in general because so many teams seem like they're looking to sell.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Looking at the PK minutes Lindell 7:35 , Polak 7:10 . Nobody else above 1:35 and thats Heiskanen who is the only guy who is even above a minute . Dickinson at forward also played a ton of PK with 4:16
If anyone wonders why Polak plays over someone like Honka, this is your answer. Showing yourself to be useful on either the PP or PK is a big help to staying in the lineup if you are a fringe guy.

Reactions: serp

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm trying to be nice to the people who think Honka is 25 minutes a night away from Norris contention.

I don't think there's any of those around here anymore.

There's no reasonable case to be made to change anything to the defensive lineup and get one of the two scratched dmen in right now.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'll give Honka this. I'd rather have him in than Carrick. Carrick f***ing scares me. His mistakes allways lead to goals against.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I don't think there's any of those around here anymore.

There's no reasonable case to be made to change anything to the defensive lineup and get one of the two scratched dmen in right now.
Oh, I know. But they are still out there. There is still a small contingent of FreeHonka people. 80% of them probably speak Finnish, but they're out there.

I'll give Honka this. I'd rather have him in than Carrick. Carrick ****ing scares me. His mistakes allways lead to goals against.
Carrick needs to be off the roster. Nill should waive him and send him down. He's wasting cap space and a roster spot. If injuries happen, there are better options playing in the AHL.

Reactions: serp

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Agreed . Imagine for a moment Ritchie gets a suspension ( doubt that happens but lets just say it does ) for say 5 games . It would leave us on a 5 game roadtrip without an extra forward. Dickinson is probably dinged up after he blocked that shot tonight ( Monty said something about Dickinson beeing sore and wanted to keep his minutes down a bit ) . The team needs to clear up the 8 defenseman . Its a disaster waiting to happen. Once Pitlick is back and needs to happen anyway.

ItsBennGreat

Get Jamie Benn a Stanley Cup '19 campaign
Jan 29, 2018
Raleigh. NC
I'll be at the Canes game which...could go either way with them. I was at the Flames game and it was ROUGH, but the Canes beat the Knights, so "anything is possible".

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Remember, it's SUPPLEMENTAL discipline... 5 and a game for a whoops that could've been worse sorry goose hit is sufficient.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Goligoski did fail concussion protocol last night. No word on him since, but knowing that, he’ll probably miss a game or two.

Unfortunate hit, more than anything. Hopefully is isn’t too severe.

Didn’t see it live, but did people really boo him when he was down?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Goligoski did fail concussion protocol last night. No word on him since, but knowing that, he’ll probably miss a game or two.

Unfortunate hit, more than anything. Hopefully is isn’t too severe.

Didn’t see it live, but did people really boo him when he was down?

A bit when the penalty was called but there was also cheering when Goose got up and left the ice on his own. It wasn't really that bad.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Not this is a suprise or anything. In the post above i was mere speculating a "what if" scenario to state how absurd it is we're stuck with 8 defenseman again albeit this season i at least get why it happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad