GDT: #52| New York Islanders @ New York Rangers | January 21st | 7:00pm | F/W 5-3

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
New York Islanders Vs. New York Rangers

7:00 p.m.
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY

Television: MSG PLUS 2
Play-by-play: Howie Rose; Color: Butch Goring

Radio: WHRU 88.7 FM, WRCN 103.9 FM
Play-by-play :Chris King​

Projected Lines: NYI

Forwards
26 Thomas Vanek – 91 John Tavares – 21 Kyle Okposo
12 Josh Bailey – 51 Frans Nielsen – 15 Cal Clutterbuck
40 Michael Grabner – 29 Brock Nelson – 13 Colin McDonald
36 Eric Boulton – 53 Casey Cizikas – 17 Matt Martin

Defensemen
37 Brian Strait – 47 Andrew MacDonald
46 Matt Donovan – 44 Calvin de Haan
14 Thomas Hickey – 7 Matt Carkner

Goaltenders
60 Kevin Poulin*
45 Anders Nilsson

Projected Lines: NYR

Forwards
20 Chris Kreider – 21 Derek Stepan – 61 Rick Nash
62 Carl Hagelin - 19 Brad Richards – 24 Ryan Callahan
67 Benoit Pouliot 16 Derick Brasard – 36 Mats Zuccarello
22 Brian Boyle – 28 Dominic Moore – 13 Dan Carcillo

Defensemen:
27 Ryan McDonagh – 5 Dan Girardi
18 Marc Staal - 6 Anton Stralman
17 John Moore – 4 Michael Del Zotto

Goaltenders:
30 Henrik Lundqvist
33 Cam Talbot*

*Projected Starters

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I was thinking Chipotle.*

*It's gross, sad and funny as hell that this is a real conversation

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Lets go Isles!!! Big game, can get us back in this thing with a few more wins

Need some loses from other teams also because we have played 2-3 more games than everyone

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Just beat em.

I hate the thought of having Carcillo in a rag$ jersey trying to impress the fans in the rivalry. Such a dirty player.

Incarnadine Sea

Mar 4, 2011
Long Island
sitting Carkner and Boulton means Jack must think the Rangers are super soft. I guess Martin can handle Carcillo if he acts up.

I like the decision. Martinek is a better D-man than Carkner and is more disciplined. I would prefer Boulton over Regin, but whatever. I think Cappy is trying to create a game tonight in which the strengths of the Islanders (speed and transition) will come into play rather than their weaknesses (physicality). Hopefully this will create a game in which the Islanders stay out of the penalty box and play more of a north-south style hockey game, similar to the win against Chicago.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Lundqvist is ill/sick so Talbot gets the start - so far it's unclear who if any is the back up goalie..

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
I like the decision. Martinek is a better D-man than Carkner and is more disciplined. I would prefer Boulton over Regin, but whatever. I think Cappy is trying to create a game tonight in which the strengths of the Islanders (speed and transition) will come into play rather than their weaknesses (physicality). Hopefully this will create a game in which the Islanders stay out of the penalty box and play more of a north-south style hockey game, similar to the win against Chicago.

Agreed. And honestly, that's what he SHOULD be doing every game. I'm tired of the dressing Carkner for toughness BS, the guy is a terrible hockey player and when he gets frustrated he ends up costing us more because he takes really dumb penalties. He already costs us enough goals when he's out on the ice because of his terrible play back there. I personally think Martinek should have played as much as possible in Carkner's spot the entire season, he makes our defense more mobile and responsible even if it's only by a little. He also brings more offense, we know Martinek is capable of blasting one home from the point, something that Carkner NEVER does.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Agreed. And honestly, that's what he SHOULD be doing every game. I'm tired of the dressing Carkner for toughness BS, the guy is a terrible hockey player and when he gets frustrated he ends up costing us more because he takes really dumb penalties. He already costs us enough goals when he's out on the ice because of his terrible play back there. I personally think Martinek should have played as much as possible in Carkner's spot the entire season, he makes our defense more mobile and responsible even if it's only by a little. He also brings more offense, we know Martinek is capable of blasting one home from the point, something that Carkner NEVER does.

THIS

I'll be there tonight. Jersey is on my work chair desk. LGI

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
Big game. A win here can really bring us closer in the race. Isles are still in this, but gotta win games like this. No Lundqvist, so I'm guessing Talbot? Let's go Isles! Rangers are gritty and are always in games it seems.

HockeyMoney85

Jan 20, 2014
toronto
should i pick Rangers on the pointspread today? its saying Rangers 1.0 on the spread, and they do have the better record. Any advise?

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Got a ticket in the 200 section where the Islanders shoot twice for $41. Face value $75. Pumped to be there tonight! If anyone has the means to get to the Garden, this will likely be the cheapest you can see Isles/Rangers live.

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
Colonoscopy prep for JW the day before the Stadium Classic game
Fleets baby.......surefire butt bomb.

those colonoscopy preps are hardcore. I work in a hospital and sometimes administer that ****, those poor guys are always in for a ride!

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
damn the Queen is sick so they are starting Talbot...sucks for us...

Just realized by taking a look at the Rangers board, that Hank is sick, and becuase of the storm they can't get any minor league backups to NYC in time for the game...If talbot gets hurt or is getting blown out, they have no backups on the bench..

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Just realized by taking a look at the Rangers board, that Hank is sick, and becuase of the storm they can't get any minor league backups to NYC in time for the game...If talbot gets hurt or is getting blown out, they have no backups on the bench..
They should just give us the 2 points and call the game off.:sarcasm:

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida

Quick someone send over white castle's crave case to Talbot? PW is what you have contagious? send it over to Talbot please!

"welcome to the rivalry" blues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad