GDT: #52 | Islanders at Flyers | February 6, 2023 | 7:00 PM | NBCSP, MSGSN2, ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
FLYERS: 21-21-9 (7th in Metro)
ISLANDERS: 25-22-5 (6th in Metro)

1675661841765.png

1675661862878.png

1675661885330.png

1675661902699.png

FLYERS LINEUP:

van Riemsdyk-Frost-Tippett
Farabee-Cates-Konecny
Hayes-Laughton-Allison
Deslauriers-Brown-Bellows

Provorov-York
Sanheim-DeAngelo
Seeler-Ristolainen

Hart
Sandstrom

Injuries:

Braun (Revolving In The Door)
Allison (Day to Day, practiced Sunday)
Zamula (Banished to Eat More and Gaze Upon Ginning)
Atkinson (Year to Year)
Laczynski (IR)
Brink (Loaned to LHV Buffet)
Couturier (IR)
Ellis (Early in the day it was whispered that we should sail in a boat,/only thou and I, and never a soul in the world would know of this our/pilgrimage to no country and to no end.)

ISLANDERS LINEUP:

Bailey-Horvat-Barzal
Lee-Nelson-Palmieri
Parise-Pageau-Holmstrom
Martin-Cizikas-Fasching

Pelech-Pulock
Romanov-Mayfield
Aho-Dobson

Sorokin
Varlamov

Injuries:

Wahlstrom (IR)
Clutterbuck (IR)

GDT Song:

GDT Sponsors: GDT Sponsors: Try-Hard Productions, Mercado Zapatoca Villa Luz​

Last edited:

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Time to get over .500 !

• Haha
Reactions: BiggE

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
FLYERS: 21-21-9 (7th in Metro)
ISLANDERS: 25-22-5 (6th in Metro)

View attachment 646217
View attachment 646218
View attachment 646219
View attachment 646220

FLYERS LINEUP:

van Riemsdyk-Frost-Tippett
Farabee-Cates-Konecny
Hayes-Laughton-Allison(???)
Deslauriers-Brown-Bellows(???)

Provorov-York
Sanheim-DeAngelo
Seeler-Ristolainen
Braun (???)

Hart
Sandstrom

Injuries:

Allison (Day to Day, practiced Sunday)
Zamula (Banished to Eat More and Gaze Upon Ginning)
Atkinson (Year to Year)
Laczynski (IR)
Brink (Loaned to LHV Buffet)
Couturier (IR)
Ellis (Early in the day it was whispered that we should sail in a boat,/only thou and I, and never a soul in the world would know of this our/pilgrimage to no country and to no end.)

ISLANDERS LINEUP:

Bailey-Horvat-Barzal
Lee-Nelson-Palmieri
Parise-Pageau-Holmstrom
Martin-Cizikas-Fasching

Pelech-Pulock
Romanov-Mayfield
Aho-Dobson

Sorokin
Varlamov

Injuries:

Wahlstrom (IR)
Clutterbuck (IR)

GDT Song:

GDT Sponsors: GDT Sponsors: Try-Hard Productions, Mercado Zapatoca Villa Luz​

LOL..........Love the GDT song........I will assume it is not coincidental to the chinese balloon.......or is it........??

Anyway....here is another balloon song.......

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Allison practiced Sunday. MacEwen's face is still malfunctioning. Braun might be a 7th D or Bellows might play, who can say? I should probably look into it.

5v5 On-Ice:
View attachment 646222
View attachment 646223

5v5 On-Ice (Last 2 Weeks):
View attachment 646224
View attachment 646225

Goalies:
View attachment 646226

So, interesting on the rolling two week front, for a while the wins have been driven by a near league-high shooting percentage. While the goaltending was not good. Now the shooting percentage is back to something normal and goaltending is back through the roof

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Still blows my mind the NHL thinks a team with 21 wins in 51 games is a .500 team.

The disconnect for me is that a regulation win is worth fewer total points than a game in OT or SO. That was done to artificially create parity. Which, I suppose, is a good thing for the NHL and fans. If your team is out of the race by December - like the Flyers were last year - what's the point of even watching? At least the forced parity keeps more fanbases engaged for longer.

Still, it just doesn't sit right with me that you get a point simply for surviving five more minutes than another team who lost in regulation. Making regulation wins worth 3 points doesn't really solve the problem because it moves away from parity. However, it might make teams more aggressive near the end of regulation rather than playing not to lose.

Go back to a sane points system - points for winning, no points for losing - and then run two playoffs. The main playoff for the Cup is for teams 1-16.

The secondary playoff is for teams 17-32. I like the idea of playing for 1st overall, but I know that wouldn't fly. Maybe some other benefit. At the end of the day, it's a win for the league (revenue), fans (engagement), team owners (playoff revenue).

Of course, the players lose in this scenario if they'd rather be golfing. But I don't really see a downside?

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
The disconnect for me is that a regulation win is worth fewer total points than a game in OT or SO. That was done to artificially create parity. Which, I suppose, is a good thing for the NHL and fans. If your team is out of the race by December - like the Flyers were last year - what's the point of even watching? At least the forced parity keeps more fanbases engaged for longer.

Still, it just doesn't sit right with me that you get a point simply for surviving five more minutes than another team who lost in regulation. Making regulation wins worth 3 points doesn't really solve the problem because it moves away from parity. However, it might make teams more aggressive near the end of regulation rather than playing not to lose.

Go back to a sane points system - points for winning, no points for losing - and then run two playoffs. The main playoff for the Cup is for teams 1-16.

The secondary playoff is for teams 17-32. I like the idea of playing for 1st overall, but I know that wouldn't fly. Maybe some other benefit. At the end of the day, it's a win for the league (revenue), fans (engagement), team owners (playoff revenue).

Of course, the players lose in this scenario if they'd rather be golfing. But I don't really see a downside?
Let 17-32 play for draft position. The winner gets first overall, the finals loser gets 2OA. The semi losers get a coin toss for 3 and 4. And the round of 8 loser get a drawing, with each team having an equal chance, for 5 thru 8. The final 8 get 9-16 with the lowest regular season finisher getting 9th and etc…

This would completely eliminate tanking as finishing last overall only guarantees that team the 9OA pick. Time to stop rewarding failure!

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The 4th line of Nic, Brown and Bellows should be epic.

Epically awful that is, so I hope they get double shifted.

That's Fletchers version of the the Martin Clutterbuck Cizikas line he has been fantasizing over since 2018.

• Haha
Reactions: BiggE

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Just takes a little common sense, include OT in losses and you'll know who's .500.
In terms of potential points 55% is around .500.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Saw Billy twice at the Academy of Music in 74 and 75. Martin Mull was one opening act; at the time it was a hilarious routine.......it was a skit on furniture......I could not find it on YT. But this was a funny Fernwood episode.

Tru dat.

This is February 6 the birthday of someone of whom I had a massive crush -- a Phoebe Cates look-a-like back in 198-something. Typical Florida girl back then. A certain shyness, pretty, well-spoken and liked her rock and roll. Anyway, I knew I needed to ask her out because cranked from her bedroom window I heard the following:

A top ten Led Zeppelin song!

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Tru dat.

This is February 6 the birthday of someone of whom I had a massive crush -- a Phoebe Cates look-a-like back in 198-something. Typical Florida girl back then. A certain shyness, pretty, well-spoken and liked her rock and roll. Anyway, I knew I needed to ask her out because cranked from her bedroom window I heard the following:

A top ten Led Zeppelin song!

I guess you believed in magic back then................and did you ask her out..........? Where I live in Florida, if anyone is younger than 50 it's a miracle.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce