GDT: [#52] Dallas Stars at Nashville Predators, 7:00 PM CST (FS-SW+)

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Sure but he's the captain and he probably told the other guys i got this so they gave it to him.

It's cool that he thinks he has got it, but he doesn't have it.

Just like that puck exploding off his stick late in the third. His game is so weak.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
It's cool that he thinks he has got it, but he doesn't have it.

Just like that puck exploding off his stick late in the third. His game is so weak.

The entire team was having trouble controlling pucks -- in fact right after Benn fumbled it he tried to pass it off to Radulov who also fumbled it. The players aren't going to be at their sharpest after that much hockey.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
When Chicago sneaks into the 8th seed and knocks the Stars out I'm bumping this thread.

Well we're not becoming a #1 seed so earliest we could meet them would be WCF .

Also the Hawks are so far behind and have already played more game then the other teams and there's so many ahead of them. I just don't see it.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Up next is a hot Arizona team. That should be an interesting game, hopefully we don't fall back and overlook them.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think this can be a dangerous team if we can add the right piece(s) at the deadline.

Just alone by the fact that they're basically never getting blown out ( i think only that game in Pittsburgh was never close ) means they are in every game . The scoring woes sadly also mean worse teams are also in every game because the Stars right now can't put anyone away.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
When Chicago sneaks into the 8th seed and knocks the Stars out I'm bumping this thread.
Anaheim has won 21 out of 52 games and is 3 points out of a playoff spot. Were really out here in 2019 without the 3-2-1 system.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Anaheim has won 21 out of 52 games and is 3 points out of a playoff spot. Were really out here in 2019 without the 3-2-1 system.

I think that says more about the quality of the West than anything. The team holding the 8th seed right now is 22-28 if you look at it that way. It's a welcome change from years past where win totals in the low 40s wasn't enough to quality for the playoffs. This year it looks like 40 wins will get you comfortably in. For once the East is the bloodbath.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Just alone by the fact that they're basically never getting blown out ( i think only that game in Pittsburgh was never close ) means they are in every game . The scoring woes sadly also mean worse teams are also in every game because the Stars right now can't put anyone away.

The first Toronto game was rough, too. We stayed in that with our offense though.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Which just reading it now sounds wierd. Stars stayed in that game with their offense . Doesn't feel right.

We’ve given up 4 or more goals in 13 games, 5 or more in 7, 6 or more in 3 and 7 once. Only two of those games had a goal differential of 4, which is the worst we’ve had all season.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
38% on the dot this game

46% on the dot this season

He used to be a 50-55% guy.. which made sense for him to take the left side draws and Seguin the right side draws. But if you are going to lose more than half it doesn't make sense.

Just another area where Benn has been weak this year.
Do you have the numbers for when he’s the first one taking the draw as opposed to taking over for someone getting kicked out? Seems like he’s been second man in a lot, which is almost always a loss.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Do you have the numbers for when he’s the first one taking the draw as opposed to taking over for someone getting kicked out? Seems like he’s been second man in a lot, which is almost always a loss.

When it was Benn - Seg - Rads he would take all the left side draws, first go around.

Now that he is playing with Faksa the last few games he seems to only come in second man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad