Prospect Info: #51OA - Hurricanes select RW Ville Koivunen

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It’s interesting, and maybe telling that Carolina gets input from Aho, and likely his father and chose Koivunen over Raty
"Yes, this boy is super good and better that other guys and you should use a high pick on him and sign him and let me stress that the $230k transfer fee payable to our team upon him being signed to NHL absolutely has nothing to do with me saying this."

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
So the epithet "hockey professor" gets attached to Koivunen in the Finnpress.

Per Artturi Lehkonens dad:

"Koivunen surprises always, even though I have seen him play in the Liiga. He's the kind of player that [head coach] Pennanen loves. On the top level, you don't react, you anticipate, and Koivunen is like a chess player. He's three or four moves ahead of others"

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So the epithet "hockey professor" gets attached to Koivunen in the Finnpress.

Per Artturi Lehkonens dad:

"Koivunen surprises always, even though I have seen him play in the Liiga. He's the kind of player that [head coach] Pennanen loves. On the top level, you don't react, you anticipate, and Koivunen is like a chess player. He's three or four moves ahead of others"

When even the Montreal media can’t help but compliment a Cane, you know this kid is flawless.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
42 points in 48 games this season. Looks like a legit first line winger in Liiga nowadays. His confidence is at a very high level right now and he makes really good plays with the puck in every shift. Kinda like how Aho used to play in his final year here in Oulu.

Probably still needs a year to work on his skating and shot a bit but his development this year has been really positive. Battles hard for the puck and even throws some hits. Could be a good player in the future.

Last edited:

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
42 points in 48 games this season. Looks like a legit first line winger in Liiga nowadays. His confidence is at a very high level right now and he makes really good plays with the puck in every shift. Kinda like how Aho used to pkay in his final year here in Oulu.

Probably still needs a year to work on his skating and shot a bit but his development this year has been really positive. Battles hard for the puck and even throws some hits. Could be a good player in the future.
I was really high on him a couple years ago before he took a bit of a step back in his development last year. Glad to see him breaking out a bit this year.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
42 points in 48 games this season. Looks like a legit first line winger in Liiga nowadays. His confidence is at a very high level right now and he makes really good plays with the puck in every shift. Kinda like how Aho used to play in his final year here in Oulu.

he looks like he has improved his skating but it does need another level being a smaller guy. I think that time in Chicago was a rude awakening on his need to improve skating.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Kalpa is 10 points in the standings (2 games in the last 3)

JYP is 20 points behind them, the other game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad