GDT: [#51] Stars @ Predators 7:00 CT (BSSW+, ESPN+)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
These last two games were so damn painful to watch. Such bad hockey

I thought it would happen sooner. They litterally have 1 line that can score. If you shut that down the Stars will never ever score outside of big luck . Now that line also looks like its running out of gas. Pavelski just doesn't look like he has anything left.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Shocking. Season probably over. I wouldn't worry about playing if I was Seguin.

Why the hell did the coaches send out Comeau with 10 seconds left on the PK when the puck was in the Preds zone. Send someone out there who you want in OT because that 10 seconds of PK doesn't f***ing matter.

One goal in like 9+ periods of hockey.

Tonight, Comeau was the 2nd-most used forward at even strength behind only Robertson. Bowness loves Comeau. Like Nill said earlier this yea, if you're down 1-0, you have to be careful not to get down 2-0.

Reactions: BeaverSports

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Would rather win one of the next two than the lotto for this draft.

22/23 drafts have team changing talent
Oh no doubt. This draft is a crapshoot. We might get a better player mid draft than the top 3 picks. I would love Wright or Bedard though!

Linus Bryksa

Mar 2, 2021
put those stupid white uniforms on them for the rest of the season and continually play the the clown music! professionsl hockey players - yeah right !

Linus Bryksa

Mar 2, 2021
Now is the time to get Hayley Wickenheiser out of retirement and show them where a puck is supposed to go in the net and more importantly how it gets there- pathetic bunch!

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
put those stupid white uniforms on them for the rest of the season and continually play the the clown music! professionsl hockey players - yeah right !
tenor.gif

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Now is the time to get Hayley Wickenheiser out of retirement and show them where a puck is supposed to go in the net and more importantly how it gets there- pathetic bunch!
Idk why this is your go to, but you have to know that there is no woman, hayley included, that would make it in the NHL.
There's a reason the only one to even play was a goalie in the pre-season.
The best woman's teams get beat by junior aged boys.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Even if they won that game i think that stretch in Florida would've ended their season. Predators still have 2 freewins in Columbus and there's a good chance the Canes rest guys in the two final games.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Well god dammit I’ll have to say that was an exciting 1-0 game, just watched it. Unfortunate for our guys but they’ve run their ass off this season and congrats to ‘em.

Reactions: sportswastaken

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
It’s not over yet, but that was a major wasted opportunity. I doubt the Preds win out, and the Stars still have a game in hand. But they will have to string together some wins to make it work.
Technically , but with the way they play on the road and especially recently , I have my doubts they will get another win this season . Seems like every player is on there last legs too so I just can’t even imagine how banged up they would get in a playoff series .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Technically , but with the way they play on the road and especially recently , I have my doubts they will get another win this season . Seems like every player is on there last legs too so I just can’t even imagine how banged up they would get in a playoff series .

Their only chance would be they get two weeks off before the playoffs start , which actually could happen .

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Give him one more year and if he can’t right this ship back into playoffs than he needs to be fired

His contract only runs through next season, after which he probably retires no matter the result.

Well its a dumb thing that even if it worked out was not going to result in a goal. Stretch pass to Comeau at 4on4 how is that going to lead to a goal ?

Have you forgotten the every-30-games-or-so Comeau snipe? He's about due for one. :D

serp

Jan 17, 2016
His contract only runs through next season, after which he probably retires no matter the result.

Have you forgotten the every-30-games-or-so Comeau snipe? He's about due for one. :D

Yeah but those come from outlet feed off better passers then Jamie Benn. I don't fault Comeau as much as i fault Benn for trying the pass despite not beeing that good at it.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Well god dammit I’ll have to say that was an exciting 1-0 game, just watched it. Unfortunate for our guys but they’ve run their ass off this season and congrats to ‘em.
That's where I'm at. These guys clearly have nothing left. They found a burst of energy for about a week during a home stand to close the gap on Nashville some.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
We've reached the "if the entire Nashville roster gets mud butt and they have to forfeit all of their remaining games, we still have a chance" part of the season.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Yeah but those come from outlet feed off better passers then Jamie Benn. I don't fault Comeau as much as i fault Benn for trying the pass despite not beeing that good at it.

Can't score if you don't try and shoot. If the collective here was coach, and let loose on every pass that went awry, pretty soon, no player on the team would bother to pass, shoot, or maybe even jump over the boards to take a shift. Every player makes several split second decisions per game that involve some risk, and some turn into mistakes in 20-20 hindsight.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Missing the playoffs sucks and all, but especially when we always end up in that 10-15 range. Maybe hockey gods will grant us with another lottery win like 2017

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
So, NSH "magic number" is 7 points - for them or not gained by us. We can get to 65 if we run the table. They only need 7 points to tie that. That number will probably start dropping fast.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I dont know why...but i see Elvis shutting them out tomorrow...lol.

Maybe wishful tbinking. Merzlikins been plahing well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad