Post-Game Talk: #51 | Blues at FLYERS | Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2022 | 7:00 pm ET | NBCSP, BSMW

Lurch

Apr 11, 2011
Central PA / Central Florida
This team has me not engaging in hockey very much. Usually, I can look forward to a new coach, player, GM, etc. At this point I have no idea what would fix this team; I honestly think we need to burn it down and start over top to bottom. It’s awful. G is gone or at least should be. Hart is the only player I have faith in. Maybe this is the year the Phillies get it together but I doubt it. Such is the life of a Philadelphia sports fan. Never thought I would be rooting for a losing streak but here I am. I want a season so bad that it absolutely has to be addressed.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
How in the world is Sanheim not our number 1 and top PP QB? It’s purposefully bad.

What in the f*** are these quotes about Frost needing to work on his D game? He’s not some big forward that’s going to shut people down. Let him score and generate. You see what the confidence has done for Mayhew.

This team is so rotten.

It is so crystal clear now what this team has done to essentially castrate any promising young player and try to turn them into Kent Manderville and Jason Smith time and time again. I can’t believe it took me so many years to see it.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I feel like Provorov deserves some defense here. He gets more crap than, say, Frost or Ghost for example because of his high draft status. In reality he’s as much a victim of this unsalvageable garbage heap of a franchise that regularly ruins all prospect talent for many, many years now.
He gets very little crap from most people, but he's earned more crap than pretty much anyone else on the entire team. He's the only one with zero excuses.

Of everyone on this entire team, he's the one who has been gifted the absolute best of everything: given the best quality/quantity of usage, has never experienced a single form of accountability, is praised constantly, and still has the absolutely awful results.

Guys like Frost, Ghost, or Sanheim shine(d) while being f***ed over by the team constantly, so when they get shit from fans or the team it's a pathetic joke. They're set up to fail and still succeed, while Provorov is set up to succeed and still fails. The guy has had one single good year in his entire career where he looked like a top pair D and that was when Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, TK, and Ghost were all having amazing seasons and he was along for the ride. Since then, he's shit his pants every single season, never been scratched or benched, never got shots from the management/coaches/broadcast/media, and still gets the best usage and teammates possible. I don't care about his draft status, I care about the time, money, and opportunities that have been wasted on him, at the expense of better players and the teams performance.

The coaching has been shit, but they aren't responsible for his lack of IQ or skill. Other guys who have been "developed" by the same awful staff have been able to perform so there's no reason the golden boy with the silver spoon couldn't do it too. Sanheim and Ghost didn't magically lose their skill, they just didn't get the usage required to show it. Provorov doesn't have that excuse.

Diaper Mask Bandits

Jan 15, 2022
Yes, 1 regulation win in the last 10 weeks.

I don't bet on sports or anything
But, I was convinced the Bengals were going to win the super bowl or at least cover.
So, I gambled $100 but got greedy and bet the money line on the Bengals.
Lost it all except 4 dollars

So the game against Carolina I the $4 on the money line against the Flyers. My account is only like $5 but its still alive thanks to the Flyers!

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
This-is-Fine.jpg

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
This team has me not engaging in hockey very much. Usually, I can look forward to a new coach, player, GM, etc. At this point I have no idea what would fix this team; I honestly think we need to burn it down and start over top to bottom. It’s awful. G is gone or at least should be. Hart is the only player I have faith in. Maybe this is the year the Phillies get it together but I doubt it. Such is the life of a Philadelphia sports fan. Never thought I would be rooting for a losing streak but here I am. I want a season so bad that it absolutely has to be addressed.
As a Flyer fan in Hamilton ON, I'm finding I watch very little hockey now. I watched the 2nd period last night, but that was it. I catch the Bulldogs OHL games when they play Kingston or Peterborough to watch our prospects. I am becoming a big Raptors and BlueJays fan too, as well as my hometown CFL TigerCats. The Flyers are probably my 4th favorite team/sport right now, after 49 years as a diehard, Chuckles the Sad Clown, AV the Drunken Idiot and Kevin Hayes the Useless Doofus have nearly extinguished my love of hockey.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
As a Flyer fan in Hamilton ON, I'm finding I watch very little hockey now. I watched the 2nd period last night, but that was it. I catch the Bulldogs OHL games when they play Kingston or Peterborough to watch our prospects. I am becoming a big Raptors and BlueJays fan too, as well as my hometown CFL TigerCats. The Flyers are probably my 4th favorite team/sport right now, after 49 years as a diehard, Chuckles the Sad Clown, AV the Drunken Idiot and Kevin Hayes the Useless Doofus have nearly extinguished my love of hockey.

The colorful nicknames here are the best! Great Post! (Seriously)

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019

Don't give up yet!

They're on the cusp of signing Kadri and Gaudreau in the offseason.

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Pretty sure Provy could take a dump at center ice and they'd still trot him out for 26 minutes. He's never once been held accountable for poor play.

If you're wondering why he never got any better, what would make him think he has to work on his weaknesses with the usage he's gotten since Day 1?
Idk about that, he looks like a guy who wants to get better. BUT what is he instructed to get better at? Like Frost, who is focusing on d and 'playing the right way'.

This organization has mismanaged so many young players over last years.

Let's put it this way, which young players have developed well after their junior careers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad