News Article: 50th anniversary plans: Sedins retirement ceremony, new alternate jerseys, new seats @ Rogers Arena

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
Delighted the organization at the highest levels is looking right past next season. 2018-2019 will be like the season that never happened. Fast forward us to the entry draft here at home and go from there.

Reactions: lawrence

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Smart, those maroon seats really stand out. Blue and green will make it look less empty.

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
Really hoping they announce a date for the jersey retirements/50th Anniversary Celebrations well in advance, planning on coming over from the UK for it. As soon as the dates are announced, flights, hotel and time off work are being booked!

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Delighted the organization at the highest levels is looking right past next season. 2018-2019 will be like the season that never happened. Fast forward us to the entry draft here at home and go from there.

Quite frankly, you can say that about the entire Benning Era. Everything since 2014 has been a complete waste of our hockey existences. But hey, we're just here to be farmed out of our money since we're just stupid hockey fans.

Wow... a 4th jersey for marks, I means fans to buy and a new cushion for my ass. Wow.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
17. At the Canucks’ final home game last season — the emotional goodbye to Daniel and Henrik Sedin — fans in attendance at Rogers Arena spent an average of $22.33. I’m still not sure I believe it, but someone who would know swears it is true.

From Elliote Friedman's latest 31 thoughts...almost seems low considering the price of things sold at Rogers Arena, and the size of the 50/50 jackpot that day.

~$400,000 revenue from 18,000 fans

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
17. At the Canucks’ final home game last season — the emotional goodbye to Daniel and Henrik Sedin — fans in attendance at Rogers Arena spent an average of $22.33. I’m still not sure I believe it, but someone who would know swears it is true.

From Elliote Friedman's latest 31 thoughts...almost seems low considering the price of things sold at Rogers Arena, and the size of the 50/50 jackpot that day.

~$400,000 revenue from 18,00 fans
A lotta cheapskates dont buy nothing at the games tho

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Bumping this because the 50th anniversary logo is in:

cut.jpg

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
I prefer the skate jersey with v's on the shoulders in orange and marigold with wide stripes. The 90's version with no v's on the shoulders in red, thin stripe, and yellow, wide stripe are inferior.

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
Bumping this because the 50th anniversary logo is in:

cut.jpg
Could be interpreted as a hockey stick with a white towel (surrender), Roger Neilson style, beside a white 0. I might go to the draft if we draft fifth overall and bring a canucks white towel thats been washed with startch and shaped like a 5 and attach it to a stick and yell out surrender at the draft when Benning goes off the board and selects Moritz Seider fifth overall.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The wordmark made sense in 2008 when we were trying to capitalize on the upcoming Olympics and people buying stuff that said ‘Vancouver’ on it. I didn’t like it, but understood what they were trying to do.

The Olympics are now 9 years ago. Get the hell rid of it. Nobody likes it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad