GDT: #50|Tampa Forcing the Pens to Go Dark | Wed, Jan 30TH (8:00PM) PPG|NBCSN, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Isn’t Semin on tour with The Incredible Bongo Band now?
LeafyRedCottontail-size_restricted.gif

Loves the Pug Bongos apparently.

Reactions: Bingo71

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Rusty should have kept par with TB goonery and crosschecked him in the head there...

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Also, isolate on Geno. He's not forcing **** in transition defense. He's letting Rust be Hags, if you know what I mean, and be the first layer, and then Geno is right behind him. Tampa's getting nothing, even when it looks like they have something.

Truth be told, I've always LOVED Rust with Geno. Said the other day he's my first choice for LW of the available guys. He also is my first choice for RW.

Ideal world, we get Ferland and play him with Geno-Rust. That line COULD be Kunitz-Geno-Rust (where Kunitz was broken down and Geno had one good arm) on steroids.

I think there's a danger of having too much "try hard" on the line and not enough skill though.

Geno can use a little finesse to play with...and Phil can use a dedicated defensive complement too. I'd keep the line together.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ironic thing is Malkin played the most consistent hockey of his career (when healthy) from the day Bylsma was fired until the end of last year, and only a hater wouldn't recognize that.

I’d still like to see him shoot more...should have shot that and let Rust have a rebound attempt...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think there's a danger of having too much "try hard" on the line and not enough skill though.

Geno can use a little finesse to play with...and Phil can use a dedicated defensive complement too. I'd keep the line together.

Depends on what we do at 3C.

And how consistent Rust is at LW. Because I think he's better on the RW and the best call for Geno's RW.

And Ferland isn't exactly just more 'try hard'.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Rust is always going to frustrate with chances like that, same as Horny does. If Rust had legit good hands he'd be a 6 mil player.

It's more so the lack of creativity and tunnel vision that holds Rust back. His hands are good.

Also, his shot is wildly inconsistent

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Even tho the output off the 1st was their best, it was their worst played period tonight.
Solid 40 after that.
The PP needs to get it's ass in gear.
Hurry back JS.

Reactions: vodeni

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It's more so the lack of creativity and tunnel vision that holds Rust back. His hands are good.

Also, his shot is wildly inconsistent

He actually is relatively better in the tunnel vision department with Malkin than he is with some others.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Pearson needs to start doing more, now that the honeymoon stage is over, he's falling back in to his LA stage.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad