GDT: #50: FLYERS at Rangers, Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2019, 7:30 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Today officially marks the lowest point in my whole life so I’ll be pulling out liquor for a team that’s equally depressing for me.

Try this:

the-macallan-52-years-old-2018-2-800x800.jpg

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
You can just skip to the first and last paragraphs if you don't want to read it all.

Following a three year long struggle with suicidal tendencies, major depression, and attention deficit from 18 to 22 I worked very hard for a very long time to get back into life. Got a BS in Psychology with a 3.98 GPA and magna *** laude honors whilst working full-time, and sometimes full-time and part-time, in very labor intensive and straining as well as low-paying fields. Rose up to management during that time, albeit still low paying. Had the ultimate goal of helping people with mental illness due to it having so much meaning to me and being told how good I am at it by many people, both professionals and sufferers.

The rest of the whole story, as this is as much cumulative as anything else, would take up essentially a whole chapter of a legit novel so I'll just summarize it despite it leaving out the true insanity and impact of it all. Within the last 14~ months I have been screwed over by my one and only friend of ten years, an uncle, and a landlord (as well as some bad luck, such as having like six flat tires in the span of 6 months for example) which, altogether, caused me to lose upwards of 20 grand, have to move back to my home state, and drop out of my first semester of grad school. Since then, which was back in June when I moved, I've had two jobs. First job was working in a lockdown facility with a 96 percent employee turnover rate dealing with developmental disabilities and behavioral disorders. High stress job, but what ultimately decided me leaving was two injuries in the three months I was there with the latter one being a concussion.

Then I got hired on at an Amazon facility under a staffing agency for peak season. Posted production that was about 200 percent to plan and consistently within the top 25 percent of performers. Also offered process improvement redesign and rate aggregation ideas freely. My first month there I had a sinus infection for an entire month and this is coming off of my concussion, then I was rear-ended on the way to work and suffered car damage and whiplash, and then I had appendicitis three weeks ago. I had to have my appendix removed. Doctor's orders are two weeks off work and four to six of light duty. Submitted the paperwork and just got an e-mail saying I was released from assignment out of nowhere. Mind you I was assured this wouldn't happen by everyone, I am not getting paid for this time missed as it was a temp-to-hire position technically, and I have an ER bill coming my way now. Also, you need 320 work hours accrued to convert to a full-time Amazon associate, which would cover my absence. I reached 320 hours, but I crossed over the threshold literally on the day they were doing new hire orientation so I missed conversion by one ****ing day.

I know that is already long, but trust me that's the short version. I'm skipping over a lot of bad luck and a lot of personal betrayals in the last ~14 months. In the last ~14 months I've been screwed over by my landlady, best friend of 10 years, an uncle, moved states twice, lost about 20 grand, and had to drop out of grad school. In the last three months I've had a concussion, a month long sinus infection, a rear ending and whiplash, appendicitis, and two different jobs. So now I'm unemployed, recovering from appendicitis, and suffering another financial setback. You cannot fabricate my life, honestly. I was also looking into doing charity work and getting back into grad school as soon as I converted over to an Amazon associate. Guess not though.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"- Nietschke
Sounds trite but it is really true. That you have made it through the mess so far shows that there's a door to go through to have better days. Good luck.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
You can just skip to the first and last paragraphs if you don't want to read it all.

Following a three year long struggle with suicidal tendencies, major depression, and attention deficit from 18 to 22 I worked very hard for a very long time to get back into life. Got a BS in Psychology with a 3.98 GPA and magna *** laude honors whilst working full-time, and sometimes full-time and part-time, in very labor intensive and straining as well as low-paying fields. Rose up to management during that time, albeit still low paying. Had the ultimate goal of helping people with mental illness due to it having so much meaning to me and being told how good I am at it by many people, both professionals and sufferers.

The rest of the whole story, as this is as much cumulative as anything else, would take up essentially a whole chapter of a legit novel so I'll just summarize it despite it leaving out the true insanity and impact of it all. Within the last 14~ months I have been screwed over by my one and only friend of ten years, an uncle, and a landlord (as well as some bad luck, such as having like six flat tires in the span of 6 months for example) which, altogether, caused me to lose upwards of 20 grand, have to move back to my home state, and drop out of my first semester of grad school. Since then, which was back in June when I moved, I've had two jobs. First job was working in a lockdown facility with a 96 percent employee turnover rate dealing with developmental disabilities and behavioral disorders. High stress job, but what ultimately decided me leaving was two injuries in the three months I was there with the latter one being a concussion.

Then I got hired on at an Amazon facility under a staffing agency for peak season. Posted production that was about 200 percent to plan and consistently within the top 25 percent of performers. Also offered process improvement redesign and rate aggregation ideas freely. My first month there I had a sinus infection for an entire month and this is coming off of my concussion, then I was rear-ended on the way to work and suffered car damage and whiplash, and then I had appendicitis three weeks ago. I had to have my appendix removed. Doctor's orders are two weeks off work and four to six of light duty. Submitted the paperwork and just got an e-mail saying I was released from assignment out of nowhere. Mind you I was assured this wouldn't happen by everyone, I am not getting paid for this time missed as it was a temp-to-hire position technically, and I have an ER bill coming my way now. Also, you need 320 work hours accrued to convert to a full-time Amazon associate, which would cover my absence. I reached 320 hours, but I crossed over the threshold literally on the day they were doing new hire orientation so I missed conversion by one ****ing day.

I know that is already long, but trust me that's the short version. I'm skipping over a lot of bad luck and a lot of personal betrayals in the last ~14 months. In the last ~14 months I've been screwed over by my landlady, best friend of 10 years, an uncle, moved states twice, lost about 20 grand, and had to drop out of grad school. In the last three months I've had a concussion, a month long sinus infection, a rear ending and whiplash, appendicitis, and two different jobs. So now I'm unemployed, recovering from appendicitis, and suffering another financial setback. You cannot fabricate my life, honestly. I was also looking into doing charity work and getting back into grad school as soon as I converted over to an Amazon associate. Guess not though.
Hang in there, and know that things will get better.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware

Damn dude im sorry for all of that man, things will get better though and im also sorry about amazon, i worked for them for almost 4 years and i was just fired due to an illness and injury suffered there! As soon as i was cleared to go back they fired me at their "pre shift warm ups" so i know where you are coming from with amazon, they run shit so illegally, its crazy that they are allowed to run things the way they do, i mean they also have a 1,000 % turnover rate (not making that up) but hang in there bud, im pulling for you and hoping for the best for you

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Having 3 of the 6 D being MacDonald, Folin, and Hagg with Myers being in the AHL is serious incompetence.

Fletcher cares even more about veteran politics than Hextall did.
I wonder what people would gripe about if Myers was up. We've now got Lindblom to watch on a nightly basis, and Hart, and even Vorobyev. What's left? Trades mean overpaying for vets 90% of the time. At least in February. So I can't see a fix down that avenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad