GDT: [#50] Buffalo Sabres at Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW) - DAHLIN vs HEISKANEN

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I'll take the 2 points

I believe Bishop is one of the top goalies in the league with 30+ games and is having one of his better seasons. We're gonna need him to be solid down the stretch. Also will need some goals...

Reactions: Henderson33

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
Well 2 pts is 2 pts. We did generate changes and should've scored more than 1 but Ullmark was very good. These past few games have been the fastest Dal has looked since 15-16.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
brett-hull-foot-in-crease-goal.jpg

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Finally Jamie Benn had 6 SOG . When was the last time that happened ? Last season ? :D

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Finally Jamie Benn had 6 SOG . When was the last time that happened ? Last season ? :D

His third game of the season with 6 SOG.

The other two?

The second game of the season, when we blew out Winnipeg.
The comeback win against Anaheim with the absurd 2nd period push.

LT

Jul 23, 2010
This season, when Benn has 4+ SOG in a game, the Stars are 10-3-0.

When he has 0 or 1 SOG, the Stars are 4-10-1.

Reactions: The Tourist

serp

Jan 17, 2016
His third game of the season with 6 SOG.

The other two?

The second game of the season, when we blew out Winnipeg.
The comeback win against Anaheim with the absurd 2nd period push.

Close enough . Been a while he was noticeable on offense like this . He still scored but outside of that he was invisible on offense too often.

LT

Jul 23, 2010
This season, when Benn has 4+ SOG in a game, the Stars are 10-3-0.

When he has 0 or 1 SOG, the Stars are 4-10-1.

Just for reference:

Seguin with 4+ SOG: 13-9-2

Seguin with 0-1 SOG: 3-1-0 (too small of a sample)

Seems like this team lives and dies by Jamie's lead.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Just for reference:

Seguin with 4+ SOG: 13-9-2

Seguin with 0-1 SOG: 3-1-0 (too small of a sample)

Seems like this team lives and dies by Jamie's lead.

Yes it does. It's why passenger Jamie Benn can't happen . It tanks the team.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seriously Taylor Fedun has 22 points in 73 NHL games and is career +2 ( despite playing on a couple of bad teams ) . How has he only played 73 NHL games at this point ? I see nothing in his game that doesn't look like an NHL player. Can shoot , can pass , can defend and plays smart. He's not a physical guy but thats sort of going away anyway .

His analytics with the Sabres two years ago aren't even all that bad. Not close to how great they look with the Stars but still decent enough for a third pairing guy.

It just confuses the hell out of me how that guy never got a real NHL chance previously. I know he had a tough injury and all but that was in pre-season of 2011-12 but thats now 8 years ago.

I mean the only reason he even got a chance here is because we had like 6 defenseman on IR or something and some of the guys we had to call up ( Ben Gleason i'm looking at you ) are way too green for the NHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragernschnapple

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Seriously Taylor Fedun has 22 points in 73 NHL games and is career +2 ( despite playing on a couple of bad teams ) . How has he only played 73 NHL games at this point ? I see nothing in his game that doesn't look like an NHL player. Can shoot , can pass , can defend and plays smart. He's not a physical guy but thats sort of going away anyway .

His analytics with the Sabres two years ago aren't even all that bad. Not close to how great they look with the Stars but still decent enough for a third pairing guy.

It just confuses the hell out of me how that guy never got a real NHL chance previously. I know he had a tough injury and all but that was in pre-season of 2011-12 but thats now 8 years ago.

I mean the only reason he even got a chance here is because we had like 6 defenseman on IR or something and some of the guys we had to call up ( Ben Gleason i'm looking at you ) are way too green for the NHL.
He's going to be decent though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad