U17: 5-Nations Tournament, Switzerland 10-14 april.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Players not listed should be playing at the WJC18.

Who is missing? Wallstedt, Johannesson, Nybeck, Holtz, Raymond are the ones I don't see listed.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Totally forgot about it would start today, is there any game center that works? Swiss Ice Hockey Federation's only shows that a game has started. Missed the first period of Sweden - Switzerland.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Eemil Viro is pretty impressive defensman. Havent really seen him hyped or ranked anywhere yet he plays with long stick his a good skater and good hands can carry the puck in my oppinion pretty high upside.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Oliver Suni is interesting fella his decently sized winger with good shot and goalscoring ability but what Ive seen his quite streaky, he can score hat trick in one game and then do nothing in next 2-3 games.
His got decent hands aswell but I think he lacks that extra gear in skating for separation speed that would make him all the more dangerous. Still should possibly be in the 2nd round range for 2020 draft.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Sedoff and Viro best Finns for me this game theyre clearly the 2 best defensman. Also Joni Jurmo shoved some nice physicality. No real standouts from forwards though Lambert had decent game some nice zone entries and challenged defensman well couple times but 2 turnovers in one powerplay.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Pure dominance from the Swedes led the Czechs to get quite angry, starting at the end of the 2nd(after score got to 6-1), worst offender was Sebastian Malat who got a 25 minute penalty for checking to the head and neck area. He did realize that he screwed up big and went to check up on Andrae. Luckily Andrae looked to be ok.

Mateusz Szurowski, & William Eklund both went 2+2 in a 8-1 win. Sweden U17 have yet to lose through the last 2 tournaments.

Last edited:

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Mateusz Szurowski impressed me in the two last games. Good on the PP, polish sniper?

I Think Oskar Olausson could play with the U18's.

Finns U17's seems pretty weak from what ive seen.

Last edited:

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Mateusz Szurowski impressed me in the two last games. Good on the PP, polish sniper?

We don't have the depth Sweden has with the age group. Our four best players are with the U18 team and it shows. (Roni Hirvonen, Kasper Simontaival, Topi Niemelä and Aatu Räty)

And I know Sweden is missing players too, that's why I talked about depth.

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

MattiasSnall

May 1, 2018
We don't have the depth Sweden has with the age group. Our four best players are with the U18 team and it shows. (Roni Hirvonen, Kasper Simontaival, Topi Niemelä and Aatu Räty)

And I know Sweden is missing players too, that's why I talked about depth.
Also 2 of the best defensemen in that age group didnt play (Puutio and Rafkin) but deserved victory for Sweden though. But would be nice to see both teams with best possible roster.

Last edited:
Reactions: FinPanda

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016

Many 02's could play w the U18's. Watching U17, there's so much more hockey-IQ up front. I really wonder whether the selection process got it all wrong from the beginning w the 01's or if it's only a terribly bad and shallow vintage. The 02's have been rotating 25+ forwards the last 12 months and they seem to win everything even without Holtz and Raymond (and now also without Nybeck). Always a couple of (new) players that step up and make a difference. When there's depth in a vintage, that's the way to do it! Hypothetically, put Holtz, Nybeck, Raymond on a "second" 02-team with players that did not make the Switzerland tourney - and that team would likely stack up very well against the u17 team we just saw, even if you rolled four lines w no special teams.

And now also 03's look promising, but questionable depth there. However, come WJC for 01's maybe there will only be Soderstrom, Bjornfot and a few other defenders with forward/centers made up of 02's (and maybe a few 03's) only?!

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Many 02's could play w the U18's. Watching U17, there's so much more hockey-IQ up front. I really wonder whether the selection process got it all wrong from the beginning w the 01's or if it's only a terribly bad and shallow vintage. The 02's have been rotating 25+ forwards the last 12 months and they seem to win everything even without Holtz and Raymond (and now also without Nybeck). Always a couple of (new) players that step up and make a difference. When there's depth in a vintage, that's the way to do it! Hypothetically, put Holtz, Nybeck, Raymond on a "second" 02-team with players that did not make the Switzerland tourney - and that team would likely stack up very well against the u17 team we just saw, even if you rolled four lines w no special teams.

And now also 03's look promising, but questionable depth there. However, come WJC for 01's maybe there will only be Soderstrom, Bjornfot and a few other defenders with forward/centers made up of 02's (and maybe a few 03's) only?!

Absolutely, there should be a couple more underagers playing at the U18 WC. This U17 team beat the U18 three times in a row last summer pre-Hlinka (with help from Holtz & Raymond ofc).

It's also interesting to see Olausson & Eklund lead the tournament in scoring after neither of them got invited to the WU17. Poor scouting from the national team staff? Me think so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad