Post-Game Talk: #5: FLYERS at Oilers, Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2019, 9:30 pm ET

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That breery just won GABF best small brewery, so you hold your tongue.

Also, i was talking to the owner while i was there - the name actually comes from the camaraderie that exists between craft brewers against big brewers.

I’m just kidding. I honestly never head of it.

I was just connecting the Flyers history with communists.
welcome-to-phi.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The PP was dominant tonight before the last goal. Seriously you guys are tilting the **** out of me with this crap.

Personnel is a problem. Laughton is a legit problem. Hagg and Braun are problems right now. The PP is the least of our problems.
The PP is a massive problem because Giroux and Voracek being on the wrong sides means no one-timer threat, which means no reason for the PKers to do anything other than clog up the center of the ice.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
The PP was dominant tonight before the last goal. Seriously you guys are tilting the **** out of me with this crap.

Personnel is a problem. Laughton is a legit problem. Hagg and Braun are problems right now. The PP is the least of our problems.

PP is I think top 6 in the league lol

Giroux needs to be back on left tho

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
On a night where they dominated puck possession (score factors played a part) I can't help but think that there are too many non-factor's at the bottom of this roster. Stewart's here to stay and I'm too tired to take a look at CF, but the magic has worn out on Twarynski and Bunnaman. Myers seems like a no-brainer, but Hagger is going no where. If they thought anything of Morin, he would have played tonight.

I thought the big selling point with Braun was that he wouldn't have to face top comp? Well he is. His puck game is just way too simple. You just can't have a guy that ineffective offensively playing with your big guys. It's a drag. Is he even capable of stickhandling? I only ever see him push the puck.

Provorov on PP1 seems like a thing now.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
One thing about all those shots, especially in the first half's domination, is that they were generally of a pretty high quality. I'll have to check the shot chart later today, but those days of bombing them all in from the blue line on a wing and a prayer are gone -- tons of passes pumped into the mid- and low slot.

A lot to clean up here, still brain farts and gaffes and bad decisions, but there was a lot to like about process, and we should eventually see dividends.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
God this team sucks,

Oskar is a mental midget,

His turnover in the middle was a decrease.

This team I hate it.

Our defense sucks
Our offense blows
Our goalies suck.

All these draft picks and we look like that.

This coach sucks
This GM sucks
The owner sucks.

When are we going to look like the red wings in the 90s, a team with crisp tape to tape passing.

For once can we have an elite team,

Answer NO

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
The PP is a massive problem because Giroux and Voracek being on the wrong sides means no one-timer threat, which means no reason for the PKers to do anything other than clog up the center of the ice.

It's not a massive problem. It's literally the best part of the team. Without the PP production the team would be a total embarrassment right now. You are making Leafs fans look rational in comparison.

6 goals in 5 games, 6 for 16 on the year. These are record-setting paces.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Top 6 gets changed.... immediately dominates
Jake stops getting buried with scrubs.... 3 points
5v3 PP with Jake and G on the correct sides.... one timer goal

WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED :LAUGH:

The star players played great, but had no luck. If they play at EXACTLY the same level every game we should all be thrilled. Anyone complaining about them should feel shame.

Makes it clear that the coaching sabotage is a real problem right now. Shoutout to Fletcher too for the mistake assists.

Also, the typical bad players were really bad and Hart had a rough night, but it happens.

jake played with the hayes line half the game i think. Glad he woke up finally. Agree that if they play like this the results will come. Definitely like the aggressiveness. Ghost should/will thrive in this, he just needs to get away from hagg and he should definitely be deployed with the couts line more. If only his partner was braun or myers

Reactions: Striiker

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
One thing about all those shots, especially in the first half's domination, is that they were generally of a pretty high quality. I'll have to check the shot chart later today, but those days of bombing them all in from the blue line on a wing and a prayer are gone -- tons of passes pumped into the mid- and low slot.

A lot to clean up here, still brain farts and gaffes and bad decisions, but there was a lot to like about process, and we should eventually see dividends.

giphy.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
That breery just won GABF best small brewery, so you hold your tongue.

Also, i was talking to the owner while i was there - the name actually comes from the camaraderie that exists between craft brewers against big brewers.

When you spoke with him, were you wearing an ascot and holding your pinky finger bent at a jaunty angle? Asking for a friend.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
It's not a massive problem. It's literally the best part of the team. Without the PP production the team would be a total embarrassment right now. You are making Leafs fans look rational in comparison.

1 of those pp goals was a flue hayes tip, the rest were from the couts line, and the only one the top pp had that wasn't a fluke was what? a ONE TIMER from voracek

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Did you see the tweet with his comment earlier? AV has noticed that when Couts is on the ice everyone seems to have tons of chances.
This makes him a quick study, several orders of magnitude better than galaxy-brained Dave Hakstol, who wasted a whole season before being told by his GM to move Giroux to wing and his best player up to the first line.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

38%.
Oilers are tops at 46%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad