Post-Game Talk: #5| Florida Panthers @ New York Islanders | Broctober 12th | 7:00 PM | F/SOW 3-2

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Wow!! The new owners have really been great with getting the isles alumni back.

My mother grew up with Brian and Joe Mullen and my brother and I used to go to a lot of Brian’s hockey camps. Cool to see him there.

also, my first favorite player Kasperitis!! Love it.

Wow... that is actually really cool, that your mother grew up with them. I know Snowies "waiver wire" Thomas Pock very well personally and also Thomas Vanek, cause he is from my area in Austria and played together in Summer league.

Reactions: SI90

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
The Polish Prince will be in the house.
For someone living in Poland, it's pretty easy to forget he was an Islander. Stupid me.

First live game this season, hopefully the boys won't suck today too much.

Reactions: Rengi

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Wow... that is actually really cool, that your mother grew up with them. I know Snowies "waiver wire" Thomas Pock very well personally and also Thomas Vanek, cause he is from my area in Austria and played together in Summer league.

yeah, Brain used to have hockey camps in Long Beach and since my mom knew him we would
Always spend time and go out to eat with him. My mom was also the score keeper for Long Beach arena and used to do ice works and junior games at the coliseum.

Reactions: mm11 and Rengi

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
yeah, Brain used to have hockey camps in Long Beach and since my mom knew him we would
Always spend time and go out to eat with him. My mom was also the score keeper for Long Beach arena and used to do ice works and junior games at the coliseum.

I always liked the Mullen's! Good for you, it is really awesome how our Islanders family is so close! I love it!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Still wonder what went down with Wayne Merrick. They asked Westfall or Nystrom recently and he didn’t really want to talk about it.
I thought Merrick had health problems that prevented him from traveling.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Hells Kitchen's finest..
Wow!! The new owners have really been great with getting the isles alumni back.

My mother grew up with Brian and Joe Mullen and my brother and I used to go to a lot of Brian’s hockey camps. Cool to see him there.

also, my first favorite player Kasperitis!! Love it.

would love to ask Joey - if he ever regrets going pro and missing out on that 80’s Olympic win.

Reactions: mm11

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Radar attempts to bite Sparky in the buttocks:
20191012_165836.jpg

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
would love to ask Joey - if he ever regrets going pro and missing out on that 80’s Olympic win.

I never even heard that brought up. Have to think he would have loved to been part of that team. He went on to have a great career. Much better than Brian’s.

Reactions: Rengi and mm11

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
I never even heard that brought up. Have to think he would have loved to been part of that team. He went on to have a great career. Much better than Brian’s.

That 1980' team was a loooooong shot so I can't blame the guy to take NHL money.....

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
That 1980' team was a loooooong shot so I can't blame the guy to take NHL money.....

Did NHL teams draft college players back then and retain their rights? Or were they all free agents? Just curious. I know Joey Mullen was undrafted.

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
What for me is looking weird.. Mike Bossy not being here.
Was there a rift with Malkin & Ledecky in the Judas91 situation?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
What for me is looking weird.. Mike Bossy not being here.
Was there a rift with Malkin & Ledecky in the Judas91 situation?

he went on radio In Montreal before the deadline and said the islanders should trade him if he doesn’t sign an extension. The boss man was right but supposedly Malkin and Ledecky weren’t thrilled with him saying that at the time.

Reactions: Lek and Rengi

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
NHL Teams drafted college players back in the 1970's and 1980's. Kenny Morrow was a 4th round pick who worked out pretty well!

wow. I always thought he just chose to sign with the isles after the olympics. Never knew he was actually drafted by the isles.

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
he went on radio In Montreal before the deadline and said the islanders should trade him if he doesn’t sign an extension. The boss man was right but supposedly Malkin and Ledecky weren’t thrilled with him saying that at the time.

Yep, that is what I ment... in the end Bossy was 100% right about that Situation, but they did not take him serious!
I think Mike Bossy knew or could smell the snake's odor!!!

Reactions: Lek and SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Yep, that is what I ment... in the end Bossy was 100% right about that Situation, but they did not take him serious!
I think Mike Bossy knew or could smell the snake's odor!!!

In hindsight I think so too. I was against trading him but I guess I just never thought he would leave. Have to give some other posters on here credit who were adamant about trading him if he didn’t agree to an extension.
Back to Bossy, that would be a shame if their was a rift because this is the brightest time in the organization since the glory days. He should be part of all over this and definitely part of the new arena.

Reactions: Rengi

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
In hindsight I think so too. I was against trading him but I guess I just never thought he would leave. Have to give some other posters on here credit who were adamant about trading him if he didn’t agree to an extension.
Back to Bossy, that would be a shame if their was a rift because this is the brightest time in the organization since the glory days. He should be part of all over this and definitely part of the new arena.

Mike Bossy is my real Idol, if the management and owners can not see the truth to this, I can only say this would be very poor and child like...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad