GDT: [#5] Dallas Stars @ Florida Panthers - 6:00 PM CST

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
This is the performance I am looking for. That's a solid team, good forwards, good defense, good goalie and we got the 2 points. Despite the two breakaway goals, we won without really playing a chance trading game. More secondary scoring and less scrambly Kari would be ideal, but this is a big win for the Stars.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Very nice win! This team is playing really well in all areas, and the best players have been stepping up and making big plays. Great start to this road trip, great start to this season.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Hey guys, Sens fan here. I picked up Janmark in my pool but there is very little on him on the net. Can any of you tell me about him? What line does he play on, and any PP time?

Love Spezza by the way, you guys killed that trade.

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
Grats on the win boys. How did Faksa look in his debut? Watched him when he was with the Kitchener Rangers.

McGinley

Captain, my captain
Feb 13, 2013
Great comeback win tonight. Admittedly, as a pessimist, that early 2-0 deficit made me disappointed, and I didn't think they'd comeback, but they proved me wrong. Great effort from the guys to come back and win on the road.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Hey guys, Sens fan here. I picked up Janmark in my pool but there is very little on him on the net. Can any of you tell me about him? What line does he play on, and any PP time?

Love Spezza by the way, you guys killed that trade.

Lindy is gonna Lindy all over the forward lines as the mood strikes him, so don't get too confident in any group besides Benn with Seguin. He's obviously got some decent offense and is defensively responsible as well. With Eakin and Hemsky, as he was tonight, he should be contributing some offense from the 3rd line, but between Lindy and the injuries there's no predicting where he'll wind up and who with.

Spezza is a treat, but I figured Paul was a player Sens fans were still high on. Is that not the case any more? By himself he doesn't account for the value, but I have felt regret and jealousy about his post trade career.

Grats on the win boys. How did Faksa look in his debut? Watched him when he was with the Kitchener Rangers.

It took a minute to get up to speed, he did nervous things for a few shifts. We need a tidy center with size and strength, and he looked the part once he settled down. He's got the inside track to 4C next year, and I'm not worried based on tonight's performance.

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
It took a minute to get up to speed, he did nervous things for a few shifts. We need a tidy center with size and strength, and he looked the part once he settled down. He's got the inside track to 4C next year, and I'm not worried based on tonight's performance.

Thank you. He always seemed like he was to be a destined #3 center who can pot some goals. Like a Hanzal. I hope he can reach higher than a 4th line center, but the nhl is a different game. Need to find a way to adapt to different roles, aswell as having opportunities open to you.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Lindy is gonna Lindy all over the forward lines as the mood strikes him, so don't get too confident in any group besides Benn with Seguin. He's obviously got some decent offense and is defensively responsible as well. With Eakin and Hemsky, as he was tonight, he should be contributing some offense from the 3rd line, but between Lindy and the injuries there's no predicting where he'll wind up and who with.

Spezza is a treat, but I figured Paul was a player Sens fans were still high on. Is that not the case any more? By himself he doesn't account for the value, but I have felt regret and jealousy about his post trade career.

Well I grabbed him as a depth guy in a 20 person pool, figured he might break out.

Paul is an intriguing pick up, and we're all generally excited about him, and Gagne as well (the 2nd round pick). Thought Guptil might have been something, but apparently he's been sucking in the A

Spetz wanted a change, and we're not competing anytime soon so I understand, but he was my favourite Sens player for years. I'd Love to see him get a cup before he's done.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Thank you. He always seemed like he was to be a destined #3 center who can pot some goals. Like a Hanzal. I hope he can reach higher than a 4th line center, but the nhl is a different game. Need to find a way to adapt to different roles, aswell as having opportunities open to you.

He's got time to develop behind Eakin, Spezza, and Seguin. We're hoping he's got a Hanzal type career coming, and we've got guys coming to play with him who aren't offensive black holes. Step one is stay healthy though, if he can manage that he'll be an important part of our team.

Well I grabbed him as a depth guy in a 20 person pool, figured he might break out.

Paul is an intriguing pick up, and we're all generally excited about him, and Gagne as well (the 2nd round pick). Thought Guptil might have been something, but apparently he's been sucking in the A

Spetz wanted a change, and we're not competing anytime soon so I understand, but he was my favourite Sens player for years. I'd Love to see him get a cup before he's done.

It sure would be nice to see him get a cup soon.

I'm afraid it's too soon to get a better read on Janmark. He could easily turn into a band-aid that fixes defensive leaks instead of producing fantasy points.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He's got time to develop behind Eakin, Spezza, and Seguin. We're hoping he's got a Hanzal type career coming, and we've got guys coming to play with him who aren't offensive black holes. Step one is stay healthy though, if he can manage that he'll be an important part of our team.

It sure would be nice to see him get a cup soon.

I'm afraid it's too soon to get a better read on Janmark. He could easily turn into a band-aid that fixes defensive leaks instead of producing fantasy points.

Ah well, we'll see. Thanks for the info!

Indianation65

Oct 14, 2014
Currently, North Tex
Good game...
The beginning of the second period looked dicey, but the Stars pace picked up, and so did the puck control.

Addendum: I was at a restaurant watching a television from a distance. That 4th goal happened so quickly, we thought it was Sequin who scored a hat trick. Benn or Sequin, it does not matter; keep the road wins alive!

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Well, there were certainly long periods where the Cats looked better than the Stars, mostly the first period and the scrambly end, but no team is ever going to dominate a good NHL team all game, so we can't really pick that apart too much.

Was interesting to see shots go from 5-11 to 24-12 as the Stars took over the game.

Also noted over the last two games, that while Kari has been great, there has been some luck involved, as many good chances with him out of position have just missed the net. Hopefully the mojo that eluded him last year is going to give paybacks in the form of continued better luck this year, to supplement his better play.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad