GDT: 5/8/16 - 3:00PM EDT - #4 New York VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECSF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Also - hey....

Slater Koekkoek looked pretty damn good out there. Some positioning issues, but good skating to make up for that. I'm excited for this kid.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Also - hey....

Slater Koekkoek looked pretty damn good out there. Some positioning issues, but good skating to make up for that. I'm excited for this kid.

I mean, other than the obvious, that might be the best thing to come out of this series - that Slater Koekkoek looks like he's finally locked down a spot in the defense unit. As much as I am anxious to see Stralman finally return, I hope it's not at Koekkoek's expense. In that case, just keep running the 11/7 and, at worst, have Jimmy Two Times play in Witkowski's current role. I'm perfectly happy not seeing Nesterov again this season.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Also - hey....

When the puck is on Carle's, Nesty's, Witko's or Taormina's stick I'm nervous as hell but when Koekkoek has it, you know there's a 1/10 chance he'll mess up but 9/10 he's gonna make a smart, low-risk play. Love it.

Speaking of young defensemen, Sustr is another who is leaps better than last season. Cooper's stubborness with giving him TOI no matter how bad he was last playoffs is really paying off these days. He's calm and usually makes the right play, no trace of his former panicking self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad