GDT: 5/6/18 - 3:00PM EDT - #2AT Boston VS #1AT Tampa Bay [ECSF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
McD & Gourde weren't good. Paquette ? I thought he was awesome lol

McD was the only reason I think we are here. Hedman and Stralman just can't play 26 minutes plus per game if we want to win. Serge is young but raw and needs one more year of coaching and weight training (eat more steak). McD has eaten up minutes and run our opponents into the corners/out of the play and caused headaches for any opposing forwards trying to take a run at Vasy. Watch and see what happens as we move forward, this is where the trade, young kids, and offseason UFA signings all pay off.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
McD was the only reason I think we are here. Hedman and Stralman just can't play 26 minutes plus per game if we want to win. Serge is young but raw and needs one more year of coaching and weight training (eat more steak). McD has eaten up minutes and run our opponents into the corners/out of the play and caused headaches for any opposing forwards trying to take a run at Vasy. Watch and see what happens as we move forward, this is where the trade, young kids, and offseason UFA signings all pay off.

Hedman can absolutely play 26 minutes per game. Every top Dman can.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I agree but also, ideally he doesn’t? Fatigue causes errors. Even in the best.

If a Dman is playing over his head, maybe. Hedman averaged almost 26 in the regular season and we're talking him winning a Norris. He played over 27 per game in the 2106 playoffs, and he was our MVP through three rounds. (A lesson from 2015, when we didn't play him nearly enough, I think.)

Big-time defensemen play a lot. get that we don't really NEED him to play those big minutes right now. But I don't think it's about managing his minutes. I think it's more... we're kind of dominant right now, so let's save him. But, if we come up against tougher competition, I'm all for having Hedman on the ice as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad