Post-Game Talk: 5-4 Devils over Ottawa: Gimmie Moore Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I'm glad IK found no deal here this season, less we need to hear anyone talk about him the better

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
We're the second highest scoring team in the league, and we beat the team that's ahead of us.

I thought we were going to be better than even some people here were expecting, but this is bat**** crazy. Sustainable or not, this is freakin sick.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'm stoked for Hall. He's finally playing on a winning team, with some high-end talent to work with. It has to be extra motivating for him, as this is really his first taste. I expect him to feed off it and to keep flying.

Hall was the play driver last night.
If he can cut down on unforced giveaways on the PP he can have a monster season.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
he has a smaller sample size than cory, but can you convince me cory is currently a better goalie than kinky using facts? i mean, i think cory is the better goalie, but i certainly couldn't prove that with recent stats.

Agreed.

Your post reminds me of the post that got me a lifetime ban (really, this actually happened) from the NY Rangers forum.

I forget what year it was, but I was statistically showing that there was absolutely no drop-off in play in the 15 or 20 games Biron played in net, and that he was statistically playing just as good or better than Lundqvist. Of course, Lunqvist being a more important historical figure than Jesus of Nazareth over there, even though I was 100% factually accurate, it wasn't received well.

EDIT: Found it. It was 2010.

vwpr9u.jpg

Last edited:

Camille the Eel

Gibbons played a great game. No matter when Zajak and Boyle return, this kid has to stick with the team.

In general this year, I love the Devils' first shift after a goal is scored against them. They've consistently seized the momentum back, every time. Continue that pattern.

Finally we looked good on the forecheck last night. Not just off the rush. Showed we can create a good cycle. All lines but particularly Palmieri, Johanson and Henrique, yeah.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Did a Senzzz fan in the front row flip Moore the bird after the OT tally?

I thought that was trademarked and exclusive to Rags fans.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
whats the deal with bratt is he staying up or being sent down? just doesn't seem to be a factor in the game much.

ButcherAndTheBratt

Oct 20, 2017
whats the deal with bratt is he staying up or being sent down? just doesn't seem to be a factor in the game much.

You gotta watch the games pal. Watch our PK with him, watch the way he skates with the puck. Sure he's been off the boxscore for a couple, but he is NOT a non-factor for our success.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
@Take Notes

I'm glad you got to see a win last night. And Nico's first goal.

How were your seats?
I was sitting in the lower bowl center Ice. I didn't like the configuration of the seats, they are too low. As soon as you have to look on the right or left, you can't see the near boards because of the people sitting.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I was sitting in the lower bowl center Ice. I didn't like the configuration of the seats, they are too low. As soon as you have to look on the right or left, you can't see the near boards because of the people sitting.

well, you got to see a Devils win.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
The issue with Bratt is that I think he's actually a clear top 6 player that should be playing with other scoring line players, and right now, there just isn't a spot for him in the top 2 lines or on the power play.

It's good that he plays with Zacha, and I think they can be a really good line with Gibbons, but when you're down 2 goals, you're going to give most of your ice time to Hall-Hischier-Stafford and Johansson-Henrique-Palmieri. It's not Bratt, it's just that those two lines are so good right now that you really have to ride them when you're trying to come back.

Hopefully we can build a lead against the Sharks and let's see if Bratt get some more ice time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad