GDT: 5/3/16 - 7:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #4 New York [ECSF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Why would we play Blunden. The guy is not an NHLer. I could see the argument of playing him against Detroit (although I didn't agree with it) because of the way Detroit plays. The Isles are a much faster team than Detroit and they like to use their speed. Blunden is going to get exposed several times if he plays.

He's probably going to get like 5 shifts, such a waste.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
EE getting axed in the middle of a playoff run is the worst. :(

I wonder if he has to go home right after tonight's game? Does he even get to go to the game? Just WTF

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

I wonder if he has to go home right after tonight's game? Does he even get to go to the game? Just WTF

Apparently there won't even be a last edition of the Tribune so if he goes it would just be as a fan probably. After 15 years I can't imagine what this must be like for him. Not to take away from JS but EE was my favorite of the two and as a fan this is a pretty big loss in our Bolts coverage.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Apparently he's looking for a flight home right now so he doesn't even get to enjoy one more game.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Wow that sucks with EE, he is really good :(

This game will show where this series will be going, in order to have a chance against Caps/Pens we need to win both away games and then kill them off home, while hoping their series will go to seven games. I reckon Isles will think the same, so will be a tough one tonight.

I agree that Taormina should be kept to as few minutes as possible..we have better options than him in my book..

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
For everyone who's about to go out there and doesn't feel well, may be sick or injured, I have one thing to say...

47da5fcc2f85e8bc1da85e67a10e40d3.jpg

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Almost game time. Getting nervous again and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I have expectations vs last year when I was enjoying the ride. Playing all our songs for good luck.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Wow that sucks with EE, he is really good :(

This game will show where this series will be going, in order to have a chance against Caps/Pens we need to win both away games and then kill them off home, while hoping their series will go to seven games. I reckon Isles will think the same, so will be a tough one tonight.

I agree that Taormina should be kept to as few minutes as possible..we have better options than him in my book..

Gonna be damn near impossible to do it but ending the series in 5 like we did with Detroit would be a best case scenario for us. We're going to need every little advantage we can get were we to advance into the next round against a Penguins or Capitals team that will likely have played more games than that and will likely be very tired but on a personal high.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

he did talk to NHL Tonight from the Barclays Center today, although I don't know when it was filmed. It seems that he's in the building.

further signs of ****tiness

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Sucks to hear for EE, I really like what he does and he's great to follow on twitter because he's really quick with news. Hope that he find a new job soon.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
My only fear is that we change our style and try to play a road playoff game.

Go on the attack. Once we build momentum forechecking and cycling in the offensive zone, we can't be stopped. Just do what we've done in the 3rd of both game 1 and 2. And stay out of the box too.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Love the pre-game shenanigans.

The Isles are gonna come out like a tornado. We're probably gonna have to lean on Bish pretty hard in the first period.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It'll be interesting to see if the Isles go with Tavares vs. Flip. He was neutered vs. TKO.

Also, I'm gonna be worried for every second of the 3.5 minutes Blunden plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad