GDT: 5/3/15 - 6:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #1 Montréal [ECSF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
The Bishop jeering has been ineffective as well. At the end of last game it was more like a pathetic plea for him to give up one.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Montreal Canadiens’ Brandon Prust has made himself a marked man by ‘embarrassing’ an official: former NHL ref Kerry Fraser

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...ssing-an-official-former-nhl-ref-kerry-fraser

“You can’t win,†said Kerry Fraser, who officiated 1,904 regular season games and 261 playoff games, including 13 Stanley Cup finals, during his 37-year career. “What’s the end game to all of this? The end game is he questioned the integrity of an official and there’s not a win in that.

If Fraser going rogue admitting this?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Montreal Canadiens’ Brandon Prust has made himself a marked man by ‘embarrassing’ an official: former NHL ref Kerry Fraser

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...ssing-an-official-former-nhl-ref-kerry-fraser

If Fraser going rogue admitting this?

As much as the Habs love playing the victim, this was a "no ****" result of this. Say he's right and the official was way out of line? Official gets a slap on the wrist, and the rest of the refs are going to hate him - and possibly the team by extension. There's no winning go against the refs in the media.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I like how the Montreal fans made Tampa seem at home for their first two "away" games by chanting our best player's names (well, not Johnson but Stamkos-that guy). They spent so much effort trying to resemble a soccer crowd for their soccer-like players, they actually forgot to root for their own team. LOL.

I hope Tampa fans take note and we just root for Stamkos and Bishop here, not Pacioretty and Price.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I like how the Montreal fans made Tampa seem at home for their first two "away" games by chanting our best player's names (well, not Johnson but Stamkos-that guy). They spent so much effort trying to resemble a soccer crowd for their soccer-like players, they actually forgot to root for their own team. LOL.

I hope Tampa fans take note and we just root for Stamkos and Bishop here, not Pacioretty and Price.

Really wasn't impressed with their fans. Why taunt Bishop when the score is 3-1/4-1? And they jeer whenever a Hab hits the ice. Pretty annoying.

Also, hilarious they were taunting Stammer right before he deked Price out of his jock. And I loved how quiet it was in the third period. Could hear a pin drop in there.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

They were giving it to Bishop for about a period too, until he started stonewalling them. Then again after he gave up the softie... until he started... yeah.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Really wasn't impressed with their fans. Why taunt Bishop when the score is 3-1/4-1? And they jeer whenever a Hab hits the ice. Pretty annoying.

Also, hilarious they were taunting Stammer right before he deked Price out of his jock. And I loved how quiet it was in the third period. Could hear a pin drop in there.

Yeah, usually that place has quite the atmosphere all joking aside about the complaints, it usually gets pretty damn loud but last night was just brutal if you're a Canadiens fan. It was DEAD SILENT. You could hear that building deflate after Flip's goal at the end of the 1st. That killed them.

They were giving it to Bishop for about a period too, until he started stonewalling them. Then again after he gave up the softie... until he started... yeah.

Yeah, I love those. It made him play better it seems. I think our team, last year's sweep aside, just doesn't like them in general considering how our game's with them usually go. I personally think Kucherov despises them, for a player that isn't dirty (dem WPG fans be like...Kucherov not dirty?) or too physical, he's getting under their skin pretty easily with subtle taunts and plays. He is embarassing them and he is loving it. Look at his face after his 1st goal and how he looks at their bench. I'm loving it because our fans don't mock other team's players by chanting their names, nor does our team need to play like any other team in the league to win. We play Lightning hockey and we are looking damn good right now. Complete turnaround from last Saturday and what's scary is we aren't even hitting full stride yet like Anaheim and Chicago have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad