DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
FTfPFgEX0AAhzGi

FTfPXKtWYAEutsC

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Just wanted to pop in and say good game and series. A few of the games were close, but overall you guys were able to take a 4 goals per game offense and make it your bitch. That's impressive.

Good luck the rest of the way. We are rivals, but I greatly respect the success of your organization. You guys just won't stop winning.

See you next year.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
Just occurred to me that Kadri, Deangelo, and Kane all could be part of the final 4.

Would neutrals actually root for Tampa so those shitbags dont lift the cup?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Just wanted to pop in and say good game and series. A few of the games were close, but overall you guys were able to take a 4 goals per game offense and make it your bitch. That's impressive.

Good luck the rest of the way. We are rivals, but I greatly respect the success of your organization. You guys just won't stop winning.

See you next year.
I was looking forward to having another ruckus with you guys this year. I'm sorry it went like... that. Hopefully you guys get someone behind the bench next season and make it interesting again.

Reactions: Chessarmy

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
So many comments on the main board about how a sweep here could teach Florida the same lessons we learned from the Columbus series and I don't know why so many people think that sweep taught us how to play in the postseason. Between 2015 and 2018 we went to the SCF and two game 7s in the ECF. How does a sweep in 2019 teach us how to win a playoff game? It's revisionist and wishful thinking by those who want to follow our path.
The sweep did make us focus a lot harder.

More so because we were embarrassed,

Florida needs bigger D. They need to change their team

Reactions: DaBolts

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
- I stand by my opinion that the bolts are unbeatable when they go with 11/7. Don't show me any stats. They are unbeatable 11/7!
- Why is Palat on PP1? I hope the debate over whether to keep Palat or Killorn is over.
- How did Hagel score 21 goals in CHI? I like his defense, but he's a black hole of offense.
- I'd be pissed if I was a panthers fan that they had this in the tank the whole time. They have a lot of self reflection to do and their GM has some big decisions.
- Why did everyone have a hard on for the "triple doinker"? I saw 2 posts and there's about 137 better things to talk about
- The bolts won so many big FO late in that game. Hope that a sign of things to come
- Each year I think this is my favorite team, but this team is turning into my new favorite. Lightning 3.0 is on a mission!

Killorn/Palat debate is far from over. Pally is 3 points ahead of Killer this postseason and odds are he's going to go on a mini scoring tear at some point. Palat looked like shit on the PP tonight though.

Hagel gets himself a lot of good opps, he's just snakebit right now. Remember Mathieu Joseph? Dude got 12 points in 11 games with Ottawa after 18 in 58 for us. Sometimes the scoring just bunches up weird and creates a narrative that won't persist.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
The sweep did make us focus a lot harder.

More so because we were embarrassed,

Florida needs bigger D. They need to change their team
They need a lot more changes than we did. We had most of the pieces, just needed a different approach. They don't have the pieces to do what we're doing right now, and they don't have the picks or cap space to necessarily get them either.

Reactions: DaBolts

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I remember playing this song in 2020 after the Lightning beat Boston in the second round. Went onto win the Cup.

Then they beat Carolina in 2021 in the second round. Did the same thing again.

They're onto the Conference Final yet again here in 2022. Here we go.

I'm really liking this new tradition.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Won the Cup in 2020 without Stamkos. Last year Hedman was playing clearly injured, not a big deal. Now we're making a run without Point.

Next year will be the final challenge - no Vasi.

Hammerlik

Feb 13, 2022
Just finished watching. Oh my, here we go. My bracket is f***ed, but so is Florida.

I am a full believer now, Point or no Point. This team has what it takes to go all the way again. LFGB!

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad