GDT: 5/22/16 - 8:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #2 Pittsburgh [ECF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
At one point, Coop will have to trust Namestnikov once and for all. Almost every ****** time Vladdy is skating with top 6 talents, he's instantly becoming noticeable AND productive. Too bad his style doesn't do well on the 4th line tho. To replace Namestnikov on the 3rd line instead of matching-up Boyle against Crosby has been a series changer so far. Pens have trouble covering our top 3 skilled, fast lines.

We have 3 lines now in the top 9 that are flying and creating chances. Even if they are not always showing up on the scoresheet, we have a Top 9 to match the Pens Top 9 now. Paquette is finally on the 4th line, played only 6 mins tonight, damn. We still need to upgrade our 4th line but Coop likes using the 11F and 7D, and it seems to work, so keep doing it. Vladdy should be in the top 9, even if it is only the 3rd line he can at least play with more skilled guys, rather than 4th line grinders.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
The salt on facebook, main boards and their boards. LOL.

giphy.gif

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
But over Forsberg? :shakehead

We've drafted 2 players from Sweden in the past 10 years and one was a no-brainer. Yzerman has yet to draft a player out of Sweden. I don't even think we scout Sweden with how few we've drafted in team history. We also drafted a forward heavy group the year before and 2012 was known as defenseman strong class so going D there was a easy call.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
We have 3 lines now in the top 9 that are flying and creating chances. Even if they are not always showing up on the scoresheet, we have a Top 9 to match the Pens Top 9 now. Paquette is finally on the 4th line, played only 6 mins tonight, damn. We still need to upgrade our 4th line but Coop likes using the 11F and 7D, and it seems to work, so keep doing it. Vladdy should be in the top 9, even if it is only the 3rd line he can at least play with more skilled guys, rather than 4th line grinders.

Cally is having a hell of a series. Glad we have him.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
We've drafted 2 players from Sweden in the past 10 years and one was a no-brainer. Yzerman has yet to draft a player out of Sweden. I don't even think we scout Sweden with how few we've drafted in team history. We also drafted a forward heavy group the year before and 2012 was known as defenseman strong class so going D there was a easy call.

I think mikael Anderson is the scout out there for us.

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
But over Forsberg? :shakehead

Honestly at this point the only guy I'd take over Slater would be Forsberg and maybe Ceci (yes Parakyo and Ghostbear could be better players but they were 3rd rounders for a reason and that's just hindsight).

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Nikita Kucherov is a staggering +17 through 15 games.

That puts him 8 up on the next non-TB player, M.E. Vlasic.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I don't know if this is obvious to any one else, but I just figured out why I think we are so open to bandwagon fans. Never really thought about it until I just read a couple comments:

Mind if I hop on this bandwagon for a little bit?
permalinkembed
[–] points an hour ago
We welcome all bandwagoners

(deleted names because I am not a member of that forum, and I don't know what the rules are for posting something like that; it is not hfboards which may be obvious still to some of you)

I think it is because at least for a little while we are just happy that some other team's fan finally decided to pay attention to our team and appreciate what our players are capable of on the ice.

I keep reading this and it seems kind of sad, but whatever. Edit: by "reading this" I am referring to my hypothesis

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Oh and by the way Letang... big **** you right now. You are the most despicable, unlikable and overly dramatic ******* I have ever laid eyes on. Take that -4 and have Sid stick it where the sun don't shine while you lay on the ice like a wounded cow.

Whoa. I must have missed something

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Who said goalie controversy already ? Sully made a very big mistake to give MAF the start of game 5. Murray was a minimal issue. Now Sully is almost forced to ride MAF again, to save face and MAF's reputation a the same time.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Definitely, and he's putting fear into the Pens dmen, they're not the same when he's prowling around the ice. Big factor.

It's weird seeing people clamor for a goalie change after witnessing firsthand what one can do.

I think some of us are worried personally, and worried that the team is worried, that they are stil playing with the back-up goalie. The team has had so many years with less than stellar back-ups that they started playing differently whenever one was playing. Vasi has been as good as he should be probably, but it still seems like the Bolts are shakier with him in net at times.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Who said goalie controversy already ? Sully made a very big mistake to give MAF the start of game 5. Murray was a minimal issue. Now Sully is almost forced to ride MAF again, to save face and MAF's reputation a the same time.

But Fleury is still a very capable goalie, so I am not sure that is necessarily a bad lack of options to have. It probably didn't make sense to make a goalie change when you are tied going in to game 5. Maybe Murray is hurt.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
A lot has been said about game 3 and how the Penguins dominated play for most of the game. The same has been said about the 3rd period of game 4. Many have argued that we can't handle the Pens when they turn it on. In fact, I think it's the other way around.

If the Bolts are playing their best (meaning every player and as a team), much like last season, than they are very hard to beat. They just need to keep fighting for it. Don't back off and give the other team a chance to come back, much unlike the playoffs last season.

nyhockeyfan

Apr 9, 2014
Did you guys really think Vasi was that good?

I thought he was hung out to dry on the first goal but not the second and third. Yes he had some big saves and you never know what Bishop might have let through but I don't think there is any way that Bishop won't play when he's ready.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
TOI standouts:

Paquette 6:43 (lowest on team)
Carle 9:01 (2nd lowest on team)

Hedman 26:56 (highest player)
Kucherov 21:30 (highest forward)
Filppula 21:20 (2nd F)
Callahan 20:06 (3rd F)
Drouin 19:24 (4th F)

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I hope you guys don't mind, but I thought I would share my reaction to the game.

Sorry for the delayed reaction, but I just finished watching the game. Ha. Ha ha. Hahaha. HAHAHAHAHA!
Rather than write an expletive-laced post full of censored curse words, I'm just going to leave you with a pile of asterisks and some happy gifs.

Oh, and **** YOU, Jeff Jimerson, AND your soaked *** towel hahaha you blert!

nature-boy-o.gif
carlton-dance-gif.gif~c200

Sick-Laugh-GIF.gif

tumblr_inline_o1d75aH2QI1qhhs4h_500.gif

I love you guys. One more please :yo::handclap::popcorn::yo::handclap:

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

There are like four or five guys that cover Sweden in some capacity. Sometimes you just have a guy higher on the board and take him.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Did you guys really think Vasi was that good?

I thought he was hung out to dry on the first goal but not the second and third. Yes he had some big saves and you never know what Bishop might have let through but I don't think there is any way that Bishop won't play when he's ready.

He was good enough, although his rebound control is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad