[5-2 WIN] Derek, Reviver Of Yak. Oilers Reach 10 Wins.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Best game I have watched the Oilers play in years.

Was there an Oiler that didn't play well tonight?

Pleasure to watch this team under Nelson. :handclap:

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
judging by the way the oilers have been playing under nelson, definitely bad. Eakins was hot garbage.

I... wow. Well... tonight was a step in the right direction for you guys.

If this IS the real deal, the sad thing will be that MacT ends up looking like the savior when we both know how bad of a GM he is.

oh.. that Yak goal is dirty..

Gambl0r83*

10703658.jpg

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Yakupov had one bad moment in the 2nd. Throughout the rest of the game he looked great.

Justin Schultz looks useless on the PP.

Nice to see Hopkins' minutes reduced.

Weird seeing Hall play more responsible hockey than usual...

Good game which I think we deserved to win. Had a good mix of everything.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
You can tell that Nelson has changed the system. How many Blackhawks had wide open shots from in between the circles tonight? I don't recall any, and that's a huge improvement.

I'm completely onboard with Nelson, he's starting to get this team playing like OKC.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
The stink of Eakins is starting to wear off, amazing what real systems implemented by a real coach can do for a team.

That second line if they can keep it together, could possibly save Yakupov's future with the Oilers, if not his NHL career. He desperately needs veteran NHL players who can shelter him to help him achieve some success, which would allow the NHL game to slow down for him.

Thought Hall had a good game as well. He's clearly lacks his speed and acceleration, but playing through a leg injury may be beneficial over the long term as he needs to learn at some point how to be successful without relying on his elite speed/athleticism(aka, positioning and playing the system).

The 3rd line is what they needed years ago, veteran players who will go out and grind. The obsession with the three scoring line bull**** really needs to die in this city.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Klinkhammer is a solid 4th line guy that takes the body like his career depends on it, ie. what Pinizzotto should've played like.

Great goal by Yak, hopefully this is the start of him turning his game around.

Roy is better than Gagner was, I thought that they were similar players at this point in their careers, I was 100% wrong on that. I'd even consider re-signing him to a 1-2 year deal at this point.

Klefbom is the shiz.

Lander with the best game of his NHL career, keep it up Anton!

Schultz is looking a lot better defensively, good for him.

Lewy

May 26, 2011
I was gonna just chilly chill and play Destiny. Watched the game instead. Very glad I did. Winning is so much better than losing.
Lander is a player.
Yak looked great.
Awesome to have some insulation at centre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad