GDT: 5/12/22 - 7:30PM EDT - #2 Toronto vs #3 Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
We ride on to one more game! Man I hope they show up and play for the entire game 7. I don't think the leafs can hang with us if we just give it 100% for the entire game. That 2nd period collapse in the final minute was just lazy.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I have too many dings...Maple leafs fans are allowed to post stuff like this...I got the banhammer when responding. Someone please steal then post over on the main.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220513-082929_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220513-082929_Facebook.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 16
  • Haha
Reactions: Master P and Hoek

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
I have too many dings...Maple leafs fans are allowed to post stuff like this...I got the banhammer when responding. Someone please steal then post over on the main.
lol you're a wild man. I had a toronto fan send me a message saying he got banned for being critical of the leafs. I think their mods are running the main board.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
It looks like they haven't had to skate this much in weeks. Thats a fast team, and they're really good at messing with our breakouts because of it. Also seems like we've seen the worst this series out of a few players, but credit to a really good team to make people like MCD look bad. Hagel had a better game, a couple of decent shifts, but still gets run over once a game. Oh, and the 24-27 pairing was really bad last night.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
Can someone smarter than me look up the total TOI for the series? I swear to God Matthews is on the ice for almost LITERALLY every other shift.

It's actually Marner who's seen the most ice time among all forwards, but Matthews is up there. Those two are seeing about 1min to 1min30s more per game than our most-used forwards, Point and Kuch.

Heddy of course is dominating all skaters in TOI, but the good thing there is we know he can handle it.

1652446049497.png

1652445956969.png

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I'm hoping against hope that we can sneak by Toronto and this turns out to be sort of like last year.

I don't think we looked sharp against Florida and had a lot of defensive lapses and uncharacteristic mistakes. We got by them, and then our game tightened up against Carolina, NYI, and Montreal.

The problem is Toronto is better than 2021 Florida, and we look even sloppier. Let's see what the boys have left in the tank for game 7.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I'm hoping against hope that we can sneak by Toronto and this turns out to be sort of like last year.

I don't think we looked sharp against Florida and had a lot of defensive lapses and uncharacteristic mistakes. We got by them, and then our game tightened up against Carolina, NYI, and Montreal.

The problem is Toronto is better than 2021 Florida, and we look even sloppier. Let's see what the boys have left in the tank for game 7.
Definitely.
That's the reason why we have to play a game 7 tomorrow.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
It looks like they haven't had to skate this much in weeks. Thats a fast team, and they're really good at messing with our breakouts because of it. Also seems like we've seen the worst this series out of a few players, but credit to a really good team to make people like MCD look bad. Hagel had a better game, a couple of decent shifts, but still gets run over once a game. Oh, and the 24-27 pairing was really bad last night.
sometimes i have to remind myself that hagel is only 23

also, where is rutta? having Bogo and Foote out there against toronto's speed is too much for our vaulted LD to cover their partners, and the forwards lack of coverage.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
The team looks exhausted. Dont know how much they have left in the tank. It was glaring in OT. They came out hot but flattened out quick.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
We got the NHL record for winning games after a loss !!!! Whoooohoooo!!!!
That's nice and the pundits love talking about it because it does demonstrate resiliency, but it isn't the wins after losses that concern me, it's the losses themselves. We've given up multiple goal leads twice, gotten blown out and borderline blown out. This is not the same feckless, wilting TOR team we've seen in the past. They look focused and hungry rather than scared for the first time in two decades. As Jimmy Chin said in Free Solo, "When you keep pushing the edge, eventually you find the edge." We can't keep pushing that edge of "we'll get 'em next game" because at some point our luck is going to run out. As I mentioned the other day, there are no game 8s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoek and U55

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
That's nice and the pundits love talking about it because it does demonstrate resiliency, but it isn't the wins after losses that concern me, it's the losses themselves. We've given up multiple goal leads twice, gotten blown out and borderline blown out. This is not the same feckless, wilting TOR team we've seen in the past. They look focused and hungry rather than scared for the first time in two decades. As Jimmy Chin said in Free Solo, when you keep pushing the edge of the envelope, eventually you find the edge. We can't keep pushing that envelope because at some point our luck is going to run out and theirs is going to kick in. As I mentioned the other day, there are no game 8s.
Marc-Andre Leclerc pushed the limits and found the edge. RIP to him. Those climbers are insane but fascinating at the same time.

Reactions: Bartleby

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Marc-Andre Leclerc pushed the limits and found the edge. RIP to him. Those climbers are insane but fascinating at the same time.
The stats on the number of climbers who free solo and die doing so are ridiculous. But Honnold said it himself in the movie, it's a samurai mentality and the risk of death is pretty much in the job description.

"..... not having attained our aim and continuing to live is cowardice." -Edo samurai

Ok, so hockey isn't life or death obviously and I don't want to hijack the thread by getting too far afield, but I really did like that Chin quote about finding the edge.

Reactions: U55
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad