GDT: #5 - 1/26/2013 | Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG PLUS, NHL NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Rangers- 1-3 - 2 points
Leafs- 2-2 - 4 points

You realize we aren't still playing last season, right? It's a clean slate. As of now, most of the league has a better team than the Rangers, the Leafs included.

We lost to the Isles last year.

We can absolutely lose this team.

The leafs beat us twice at msg last year.

Just like the team doesn't seem to change much the defeatist mentality amongst the fans doesn't seem to be changing much either.

Excuse me for expecting to beat one of the worst teams in the NHL. Yeah on one night they might get us, it happens. But losing to the NHL's janitor teams 3, 4 times a year each has to be snipped and I want it to start tomorrow night. I'm sick and tired of multiple losses every year to Toronto, Montreal, and the Islanders. It's horse ****.

They beat the Penguins the other night too. I bet it doesn't happen again.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
The opponent tonight is not the Toronto Maple leafs. We are neither blessed or condemned by the injury to Joffery Lupul. The opposition goaltending is almost as irrelevant to us as the eventual back up we have sitting on the bench whether it be Henrik or Marty. Oh no no. The opponent tonight is a team that was said to be among the elite in the league this season with the potential to be one of the best that this league has seen in the last decade. The opposition to the New York Rangers tonight is of course, The New York Rangers.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
gotta win this one, on the bright side Pens are 2-2 lost to Leafs and Jets.............Newbury and Bickel helped blow 2 Ranger losses and shouldnt see the ice

Asham ready to get back in and fight Orr?

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
gotta win this one, on the bright side Pens are 2-2 lost to Leafs and Jets.............Newbury and Bickel helped blow 2 Ranger losses and shouldnt see the ice

Asham ready to get back in and fight Orr?

Prefer no fights tbh

Apr 10, 2012
imo just play nash/richards/gaborik/mcdonagh/mcdonagh's clone(i'd settle for girardi) all game. throw pyatt in there too... with halpern taking the faceoffs... yeahhh this is a good plan

also agree on no fights. we seem fine til we have a fight then everybody loses momentum and they gain-- especially since we have nobody that can win a freakin fight

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
The Rangers have to come out and play the entire 60 minutes like they did the first 20 against the Bruins.

That is what this team is capable of and hope that's how they play.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
If we go 1-4 for our season opening, my head is gonna be shaking and my mouth are gonna be cursing...alot....

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Don't think I'm going to waste my Saturday night watching this circus.

Weekend games are a good thing here in Europe. I'm gonna get drunk, maybe dance a little, try to get home around 2.30 am, watch the last 20 minutes and get even more drunk.

SupersonicMonkey*

Come on Totorella. Wake up.

Nash--Richards--Callahan
Kreider--Stepan--Gaborik
Hagelin--Boyle--Pyatt
Rupp--Halpern--Asham

Hagelin. Richards. Gaborik
Kreider. Stepan. Nash
Ferriero. Boyle. Callahan
Rupp. Halpern. Pyatt

Status
Not open for further replies.