GDT: 5/1/21 - 3:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Detroit

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
The amount of SOG is meaningless when you pass away all your high danger chances and PPs.

There needs to be a sea change in this team's scoring mentality going into the playoffs, but I'm not expecting much.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
Pissed the bolts didn't get the 2nd point, but gimme a break with the negativity! With the exception of the poor 5 on 3, I'm happy with the quality of play considering the players who are out injured. That was a complete fluke of a game that happens every 2-3 years!

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I guess we can hope that Columbus plays Carolina tonight like they play Tampa, but more than likely Carolina trounces them since Cbus only seems to show up against Tampa lately.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Pissed the bolts didn't get the 2nd point, but gimme a break with the negativity! With the exception of the poor 5 on 3, I'm happy with the quality of play considering the players who are out injured. That was a complete fluke of a game that happens every 2-3 years!

Uhhhhh...evry 2-3 years? Say what?

Never realized how much we live rent free on another team's board.

Wow. Pages of their GDT thread are about us.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Did I see Vasi isn't playing tomorrow either? Maybe I read that wrong as I saw it quickly. Made me wonder do we even care about winning the division? Maybe we don't want to play Nashville with our offense the way it is right now. Maybe more motivation to play a team like FL. Who I would honestly rather play. I think that series would motivate us to play our best. Not that Nashville wouldn't just think we will play with a little more motivation against the fl bros. We've been waiting for that series for a while.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Still have a chance if Columbus beats Carolina in regulation, Dallas vs Nashville will be huge too. Dallas is the best matchup for us if we can get it.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Did I see Vasi isn't playing tomorrow either? Maybe I read that wrong as I saw it quickly. Made me wonder do we even care about winning the division? Maybe we don't want to play Nashville with our offense the way it is right now. Maybe more motivation to play a team like FL. Who I would honestly rather play. I think that series would motivate us to play our best. Not that Nashville wouldn't just think we will play with a little more motivation against the fl bros. We've been waiting for that series for a while.
Coop wouldn’t say if Vasy was starting tomorrow.

The Bolts did call up Spencer Martin yesterday

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Coop wouldn’t say if Vasy was starting tomorrow.

The Bolts did call up Spencer Martin yesterday

I wonder if we see what the results are tonight between the division games, fatigue will be less of an issue since Tampa is one of the teams who will have at least 9 full days off unless they start the playoffs early.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I was only able to pay so much attention to this game due to work obligations today, but I can remember some odd-man rushes that came close but empty, and Greiß also played very well. And it's always important to remember we're trying to produce offense right now without arguably our two best forwards. As much as it's "just" Detroit, any time you hold an NHL team to 15 shots on goal, and this following holding Dallas to about 20 in the last game, it's a good sign of progress with how you're playing defensively. We've been wanting this team to round into form defensively ahead of the playoffs. The signs are there that we're doing that. Now just hope that Stamkos can get back before the playoffs just to get some ice time and conditioning. I'll take our chances vs. Florida although Quenneville can be a great equalizer in terms of matchup deployment. Hopefully Cooper remembers the lesson Q gave him in the 2015 Final.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Well unlike Tampa, Carolina was able to beat their bottom feeder opponent, so that should all but ensure a much harder road for Tampa.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah, but that’s kinda the goal though if they think he could use some time off before the playoffs.

If he doesn't play tomorrow then he'll only get 2 more games in before the playoffs tops. Sure it's good to rest him but I don't think he needs that much rest between play. Based on the schedule right now if he doesn't play tomorrow he'll likely only have 2 games in 20 day span.

I think he starts tomorrow, gets a 2 day break, plays Wednesday another 2 day break and gets the 2nd half of the b2b and then sits out the final game of the season.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
It is amazing how missing two players has completely changed this offense. That 5 on 3 was a hope they score instead of a near sure goal with Kuch and Stamkos on the ice. That loss stings but there is still a path.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It is amazing how missing two players has completely changed this offense. That 5 on 3 was a hope they score instead of a near sure goal with Kuch and Stamkos on the ice. That loss stings but there is still a path.
I mean that's kind of obvious isn't it. It's not as if we're missing two middle six players.

Now I'm not saying that's an excuse for not being able to score a goal against Wings in 65 minutes but still.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Tough to not score, but the refs were a factor there. I like the intensity and defensive effort the last week plus. This team knows what it takes.

Clearly, the Lightning are having trouble finishing without it’s two best snipers which includes their best playmaker. Going to need atleast one of them to make a deep run. But this team can win a series without them. It’s a race now to get them healthy.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Tough to not score, but the refs were a factor there. I like the intensity and defensive effort the last week plus. This team knows what it takes.
How were they a factor? That was an easy GI call if that's what you're referring to.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I mean that's kind of obvious isn't it. It's not as if we're missing two middle six players.

Now I'm not saying that's an excuse for not being able to score a goal against Wings in 65 minutes but still.
Those two guys influence more than just there own scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad