4th Overall the Senators Take Brady Tkachuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensEnforcer

Nov 23, 2008
Melbourne
'if someone hits our player, I'll get in his face and if he wants to go we'll go. I'm not afraid of anybody'

Sounds genuinely excited to be drafted, I'm getting his Jersey for sure. Now all we need is Simmonds and this team will be hard to play against. Modern day tough player, high skill and high grit

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Meh iam good with the pick,good size, grit,and skill along with good skating....I like it ,maybe we can stop being one of the worst possession teams in the league with kids that can play hard below the circles

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
Exactly. Lots of time to fill in othewr needs. The tkachuk package does not come around very often. That includes the characte, off ice stuff. The name is just a bonus.

Character and off ice intangibles. Super duper exciting stuff right there. We can fill in our lack of scoring through Dorions proven track record with trades and FA signings...

Reactions: Cosmix

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Tkachuk is hosting the draft pick party tonight.

We drafted the coolest guy on the board.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wondercarrot

ItsChaboi

Feb 23, 2018
The more I hear about this kid, the more I like the pick. The Sens need character now more than ever, and a skilled pain in the ass player seems perfect for us right now.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

GuyBoucherEvilGenius

Nov 23, 2017
I like Tkachuk as a player - but you cannot draft predominantly for character and intangibles when you have a top 5 pick with a shot at a goal scorer and playmaker like Zadina.

The Sens are desperate for high end offensive skill, especially after the trade of Hoffman, and just passed on a player who would seemingly provide exactly that. Frustrating. You can find character and intangibles later in the first round or in the second or third round.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I like Tkachuk as a player - but you cannot draft for character and intangibles when you have a top 5 pick with a shot at a goal scorer and playmaker like Zadina.

The Sens are desperate for high end offensive skill, especially after the trade of Hoffman, and just passed on a player who would seemingly provide exactly that. Frustrating. You can find character and intangibles later in the first round or in the second or third round.

Trust the scouts. They saw lots of both and chose Brady. Yotes passed on Zadina too not for nothing. Us posters haven’t watched 5% the amount that the actual employed scouts have...

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He was a consensus top 3-4 pick, and some folks are complaining like we went off the reservation and picked a plug.

Also interesting to note, Zadina goes 6th, the top end of the draft clearly felt differently as group.

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
Well, at least Tkachuk is fearless and should show up in the playoffs. If he can become a tougher Brendan Gallagher that's a very solid pick. I'm a little sceptical (for reasons the same reasons most of you are as well), but he's ours now, might as well hope for the best.

Some of you guys are a bit crazy. Just sayin.
We got a game changing organization shifter.

Probably want to tone down your expectations.

Good player? Hopefully.

Game changing organization shifter? ... Wouldn't count on it.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Tkachuk is more skilled than people think.

His character and "grit" are standout aspects yes, but I think all that's doing right now is underselling the skill he also posseses.

People are upset right now but they'll get over it.

GuyBoucherEvilGenius

Nov 23, 2017
Trust the scouts. They saw lots of both and chose Brady. Yotes passed on Zadina too not for nothing. Us posters haven’t watched 5% the amount that the actual employed scouts have...

Fair enough. I'm going mostly by what the "draft experts" were saying and who they were comparing Zadina to in articles. I only really saw him play a bit at the WJC.

I like Tkachuk I don't have a big problem with the pick. I just think the Sens will live to regret passing on Zadina.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Tkachuk is more skilled than people think.

His character and "grit" are standout aspects yes, but I think all that's doing right now is underselling the skill he also posseses.

People are upset right now but they'll get over it.
Especially once the American Sniper(s) line of him, Brown and White start putting up the points

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I'd also like to point out that a number of draft lists this week had Tkachuk at #3, like Bobby Mack's list. https://www.tsn.ca/kc-1.1115400

Taking him over Zadina is really not the reach people think it is. The Habs and Coyotes were farther off the board than we were.

Reactions: derriko

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Tkachuk will be a good player in the NHL. Hard to see him not succeeding with his size, speed and tenacity.

I'd be very happy with this pick if we were in the 8-10 range. Unfortunately we didn't get him in that range, we picked him 4th OVR, where there were higher upside players available in my opinion.

Hope I'm wrong, but I can't help be disappointed with selecting him with the highest pick we've had since Spezza.

Reactions: ThreePosts

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Sportsnet's comparable to him was his father.

That's a major reach. I highly doubt Brady is going to be a consistent 30-goal scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad