4K Colour

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I have a faily new Toshiba 4k fire TV. I thought sports would be some of the first stuff programmed in 4k, and now SportsNet & TSN have channels. Only problem is that everyone looks like they are sunburnt! Faces are totally red. Things that are suppossed to be red actually look orange.
I only have this issue in 4K, in regular HD the colour is good. Anyone else out there have this issue, and how do I fix it?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I have a faily new Toshiba 4k fire TV. I thought sports would be some of the first stuff programmed in 4k, and now SportsNet & TSN have channels. Only problem is that everyone looks like they are sunburnt! Faces are totally red. Things that are suppossed to be red actually look orange.
I only have this issue in 4K, in regular HD the colour is good. Anyone else out there have this issue, and how do I fix it?

Could it be related to HDR (which some 4K content is in), and have you tried disabling that in the TV's menu options? Also, try adjusting and disabling other settings, particularly those that might be related to HDR, contrast, color or 4K. Toshiba may have some software features for enhancing picture quality that are doing the opposite, so look especially for what sound like marketing terms. Of course, you can also adjust the color settings, but that may make the HD picture look bad. Maybe your TV has different color settings for 4K vs HD, though? I don't know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad