GDT: #49 | Hurricanes @ Oilers | Jan 20 @ 7:30 PM | TV: SN-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Oilers are going to lose 7-6 but it’ll be actually be a win because they almost made a comeback or something

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I thought the Oilers had a chance last game too. This will correct very soon.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They'll do just enough to keep it interesting, but fall short of course
They wouldn't have it any other way.

yKDzioY.gif

Reactions: EchoesoftheEighties

space321

May 11, 2011
I'm saying he's playing uncharacteristically bad. This is not his norm. But most people here follow the thinking of "what have you done for me lately?"
he's been this bad since the beginning of last season, he's uncharacterstically bad right now maybe because he doesn't have klefbom to carry him

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Link?
Drai is healthy unless someone official says otherwise..
No way he would be leading the team again in ice time if he wasn't healthy.
It's not like he is carrying this team on his back.
I don’t know if he is healthy or not but he’s playing too many minutes for sure. I hate using the ‘playing hurt’ excuse, but RNH, Klefbom and Larsson seem to get the benefit of that doubt all the time. I guess it could be true for Draisaitl as well. Although he sure looks a lot healthier in the third all of a sudden. :dunno:

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Sure about that?

Edmonton Oilers revenue 2005-2018 | Statistic

Doesn't seem like there was much of a bump in 16/17 when we made the playoffs vs 17/18.

The jump from 15/16 to 16/17 was mainly just the higher ticket price vs rexall.

Imagine there are all kinds of things tied to playoff revenue that spreads it around the league.
Even if all tickets were 150 bucks each, that's 2.7 million on tickets alone each game

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I checked many games in Rexall those last couple years. Hundreds of tickets available just before gametime when the system cuts it off. Those tickets didn't all sell in 2 minutes. I would argue none of them did.

I've been reporting this for years. Even back at Rexall the sellout thing was a fiction. I remember when they even sold singles at half price game day to get rid of them. This year was a 40% off Cyber Monday sale on remaining Monday Tuesday night games. Sellouts my ass.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Even if all tickets were 150 bucks each, that's 2.7 million on tickets alone each game

For sure, but how is it spread around? Every year approximately the same number of playoff games are played by the NHL, the money pool from playoffs probably looks around the same each year. I'm sure teams actually in the playoffs get a better share than the rest, but it's certainly not close to all of it. I'd guess it probably comes out around 1M per home date.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
That's not the issue really. Nuge has been successful there..but this weekend, the dude has lost almost every puck battle. He deserves a demotion

Right before the goal there was a perfect opportunity for a one time shot from the pass from Nurse to Nuge. That's where I'd love to see :]

I'm not saying RNH is bad at all

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Draisaitl doesn't even know how to tank right. Get his bum off the ice before he single handedly changes the outcome.

lol that Drai is +2 in this game playing most of it with dregs. The McNuge line allowed 3GA in two periods and 2 of those were opposition zone faceoffs..Thats some kind of special suck.

Nuge completely mailing it in today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad