[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014/2015 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #49 - 02/04/2015

vs
BOS: 27-16-7__________NYR: 29-15-4

TIME | 8:00 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | NBC SPORTS, TVA

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@BOS 1/15/15 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - BRUINS.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

FEBRUARY SCHEDULE:

februaryschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

I got a lucky bounce, obviously.
We gave up a two-goal lead, when we kind of fell asleep there in the second.
This was a game we really wanted.
- Dan Boyle

I think we stuck with it all game. We’re getting to that point in the season where you have to be desperate for points.
I think in the third, we didn’t have as many turnovers as we did in the first two periods.
- Rick Nash

We’ve been working on it, discussing it and showing video on our turnovers.
It’s going to get better. It’s a part of our game that I usually think is real good. It’s just a little bit off right now.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="BOSTON BRUINS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 50 | GF | 134
W | 27 | GA | 124
L | 16 | GF/G | 2.64
OTL | 7 | GA/G | 2.38
Pts | 61 | PIM/G | 10.8
HOME | 16-7-4 | PP% | 18.0
AWAY | 11-9-3 | PK% | 83.1
L10 | 8-1-1 | FO% | 53.3
STREAK | W2 | S/O | 2-5

Division | 4th
Conference | 8th
League | 12th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Brad Marchand | 15 Assists | Carl Soderberg | 22 Points | Patrice Bergeron | 33 + / - | Kevan Miller | +15 Shots | Patrice Bergeron | 142 Hits | Milan Lucic | 154 Blocks | Dennis Seidenberg | 93 PIM | Milan Lucic | 71 FO% | Patrice Bergeron | 59.0 TOI/G F: | David Krejci | 18:11 TOI/G D: | Zdeno Chara | 22:51

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Milan Lucic | David Krejci | Reilly Smith
Brad Marchand | Patrice Bergeron (A) | Loui Eriksson
Chris Kelly (A) | Carl Soderberg | David Pastrnak
Daniel Paille | Gregory Campbell | Jordan Caron

LD | RD
Zdeno Chara (C) | Dougie Hamilton
Dennis Seidenberg | Adam McQuaid
Torey Krug | Kevan Miller

Scratched
Matt Bartowkski|
Niklas Svedberg|

STARTING GOALIE:

RaskTuukka.png

Tuukka Rask

GPI: 41 | W: 22 | L: 11 | OT: 7 | PIM: 4
SV% .921 | GAA: 2.31 | SA: 1184 | GA: 93 | SO: 2

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Marc Savard | PCS (LTIR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 48 | GF | 145
W | 29 | GA | 115
L | 15 | GF/G | 2.98
OTL | 4 | GA/G | 2.31
Pts | 62 | PIM/G | 9.4
HOME | 16-7-3 | PP% | 19.4
AWAY | 13-8-1 | PK% | 82.2
L10 | 6-4-0 | FO% | 46.5
STREAK | W2 | S/O | 2-4

Division | 3rd
Conference | 6th
League | 10th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Rick Nash | 31 Assists | Derek Stepan | 25 Points | Rick Nash | 46 + / - | Klein, Nash | +19 Shots | Rick Nash | 179 Hits | Dan Girardi | 137 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 105 PIM | Chris Kreider | 79 FO% | Dominic Moore | 54.7 TOI/G F: | Derek Stepan | 18:19 TOI/G D: | Dan Girardi | 23:16

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Derek Stepan (A) | Martin St. Louis (A)
Chris Kreider | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Carl Hagelin | Kevin Hayes | Jesper Fast
Tanner Glass | Dominic Moore | Lee Stempniak

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh (C) | Dan Girardi (A)
Marc Staal (A) | Kevin Klein
John Moore | Dan Boyle

Scratched
Matt Hunwick|
J.T. Miller|

STARTING GOALIE:

TalbotCam.png

Cam Talbot

GPI: 11 | W: 4 | L: 4 | OT: 1 | PIM: 0
SV% .926 | GAA: 2.15 | SA: 284 | GA: 21 | SO: 3

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Henrik Lundqvist | Upper body (DTD)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboysgdt.png

Last edited:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Got a long 12 hour day at work tomorrow, should be home around 7, just enough time to run out and by a 6 pack for the game and relax and watching the Rangers...

Oh and Papa Johns of course, I will have to order Papa Johns

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
with the Islanders losing tonight, this is a huge opportunity for the Rangers.. need a strong 60 minute game to win this one.

Vidic15*

Got a long 12 hour day at work tomorrow, should be home around 7, just enough time to run out and by a 6 pack for the game and relax and watching the Rangers...

Oh and Papa Johns of course, I will have to order Papa Johns

Prepare to throw up your beer.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Last time we played the Bruins Glass fought McQuaid. And there was that thing between Kelly and Kreider after Kreider sent Soderberg flying into the boards. The Bruins are capable of targeting Kreider for that and Chris can get a bit cocky--like the deal with (the faux tough) Subban the other night. I wouldn't want Chris fighting anyone that's for real like Lucic, Kevan Miller, McQuaid or Chara (though Chara would be very unlikely). So if Glass were to get Lucic in the box for a while I think that would be pretty useful. It depends on how the game unfolds. The Bruins have a lot of nastiness and will try to intimidate physically if they can get away with it. Got to be some push back IMO--especially when we're in our own building.

I'd probably dress Glass for this one and I'd have Miller in and Stempniak out. Miller's a bigger, stronger forward and anyway these are the kinds of gritty, physical games you'd want a up and coming player like him to be playing in.

The next game in Nashville--Miller and Stempniak in--Glass scratched.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Last time we played the Bruins Glass fought McQuaid. And there was that thing between Kelly and Kreider after Kreider sent Soderberg flying into the boards. The Bruins are capable of targeting Kreider for that and Chris can get a bit cocky--like the deal with (the faux tough) Subban the other night. I wouldn't want Chris fighting anyone that's for real like Lucic, Kevan Miller, McQuaid or Chara (though Chara would be very unlikely). So if Glass were to get Lucic in the box for a while I think that would be pretty useful. It depends on how the game unfolds. The Bruins have a lot of nastiness and will try to intimidate physically if they can get away with it. Got to be some push back IMO--especially when we're in our own building.

I'd probably dress Glass for this one and I'd have Miller in and Stempniak out. Miller's a bigger, stronger forward and anyway these are the kinds of gritty, physical games you'd want a up and coming player like him to be playing in.

The next game in Nashville--Miller and Stempniak in--Glass scratched.

I understand the reasoning behind all this, but in the end it boils down to this: I'd rather dress an actual hockey player.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
At least when Glass fights it's a net positive for the rangers. Whoever he fights are a much better hockey player than he is.

But I'd rather have Miller playing. If Kelly wants to fight Kreider, and Kreider wants to fight Kelly - Glass sitting on the bench for 55 minutes won't change that.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Need to keep winning, simple as that.

Good test against a team we may see in the playoffs. A team built like the ones we've had a bit of trouble against with their speed, size, and ability to control the neutral zone.

LGR

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Would like to see Glass take a run at that weasel Marchand.

Maybe get suspended, kind of a 2 birds 1 stone situation? :naughty:

anyway, BIG opportunity to make our move to the top tonight.

GET IT DONE :yo:

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012

If Lucic or Chara fights Glass they're idiots. Either one would be a big net loss for the Bruins. They know this.

Seems very doubtful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad