Post-Game Talk: #48 | Sunday, Jan 22, 2017 | Flyers 3 at Islanders 2 (OT)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
C20dUhUWgAEm29_.jpg:large

Stats:

Game-winner replay:

Giroux gets the GWG.

Official three stars:

1. Giroux
  2. Simmonds
  3. Greiss

143_TOB_Bulliet_Glass.jpg

Last edited:

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
This team will make the playoffs

Clement is right, they all look so relieved right now. Forward lines rolled like they should. Once the defense is set straight the team can look slick.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Wooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Huge stop by His Maseness

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This team will make the playoffs

Clement is right, they all look so relieved right now. Forward lines rolled like they should. Once the defense is set straight the team can look slick.

Lol beating the worst team in the Conference in OT doesnt change the fact that they are the worst team in the Conference since their 10 game streak ended. [Mod]

It is nice to see Ghost and G connect for a big goal though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
There you go!

G, Voracek, and Ghost money in the OT as usual.

I kept saying in during the GDT, the bad players are bad, but the problem with the good players is confidence. I'm 100% convinced.

Hopefully that gives them some confidence... they looked so relieved and pumped up. :laugh:

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Hopefully this is the confidence boost they need. As bad as they can be when things dont go their way...the pendulum definitely can swing the other way. Maybe this will get them out of their yearly pitty party.

**** Hakstol tho. Puting those 3 out in OT? Against JT? And **** bill for praising him for it.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
can we have someone that covers the team that is not awful lol..Boruk and Morganti

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I love how the post game is praising Bellemare for diving to clear a puck..he was tired because he spent 1:30 straight in his zone PKing because they are a terrible PK unit :laugh:

He was essentially cleaning up a mess he helped create with his hero clear

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
can we have someone that covers the team that is not awful lol..Boruk and Morganti

holy ****

They're heaping encomiums on the Wonder Twins and their PK effort. "Especially VandeVelde and Bellemare" Morganti said about those late PKs. That's the definition of having amnesia about the rest of the play and focusing on one good play that only happened as a result of many poor ones. It's why MacDonald gets praise for a block or something despite a handful of errors and poor plays that lead up to that. Tunnel vision analyzing.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Lol beating the worst team in the Conference in OT doesnt change the fact that they are the worst team in the Conference since their 10 game streak ended. That is pure, uncut, grade A optimism you're snorting.

It is nice to see Ghost and G connect for a big goal though.

They threw the monkey off the back with this game, you could really tell. Lots of adversity in this win.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hopefully this is the confidence boost they need. As bad as they can be when things dont go their way...the pendulum definitely can swing the other way. Maybe this will get them out of their yearly pitty party.

**** Hakstol tho. Puting those 3 out in OT? Against JT? And **** bill for praising him for it.

Bill is getting worse and worse. I defended him for a while but not sure I can anymore.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Our 5 offensive forwards had 6 points.
Our 2 offensive Dmen each had a point.

We only win if our best players have good nights AND we get great goaltending. We are too flawed to overcome things when one of these don't happen.

OT win against another bad team. NYR speed is going to guve us trouble....not to mention Hank will have his best game of the season for some reason.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Was recording the game...had score spoiled for me, so I'm not going to watch it. What was the good, the bad, and the ugly?

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
We had 12 hits tonight and 2 penalty kills. Might have played a big part in our victory tonight.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
At this point, you know watching these pre/post games are going to **** you off. Why watch?

Jackson, Clement, etc are team employees. It's like expecting Dave Spadaro to criticize an Eagles coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: