GDT: [#48] Los Angeles Kings at Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW)

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Low effort, low speed, low everything.

Another game with hardly any shots.. only 11 through two.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Something is seriously wrong behind the scenes. These players just don't want to do it for Monty or for the organization at all.

Don't really blame them tbh, management went into the off-season knowing exactly what they needed, and they came out of it with Val, Polak & Comeau.

Management didn't even give them a chance to succeed. They're at the cap with a first line and 3 fourth lines (maybe a third line)

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
This team is broken. Hell the whole org is broken. Can't draft, can't develop, can't get any semblance of a system and can't play. Nill needs to be sacked and then it needs to get blown up. This team will not win squat.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
When was the last time we had a clean breakaway goal? Or breakaway at all outside of Comeau? Does anyone remember?

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
They worst thing is, the worst crime, is we are boring, just dull, predictable and boring. No fun, no excitement. Its been driven out of us.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Something is seriously wrong behind the scenes. These players just don't want to do it for Monty or for the organization at all.

Exactly why would you play with enthusiasm if you've lived this shitshow for close to a decade (Benn) or half-a-decade (Seguin)? Like one posted pointed out: They went in fully aware of what to achieve and they did all that gymnastics for Tavares and Karlsson and didn't even focus their efforts on something better than Comeau and Nichushkin. The delusion/arrogance of this GM to think what he had was sufficient. Thanks to him, this team is set back another 5 years.

Reactions: Blindsummit

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
The funny thing is, we will probably remain in third, and Jim Nil will say, what's the problem, we are still in the playoffs......

Ogi1Kenobi

Dec 25, 2008
I think the Stars compete window might have closed last season. Jack Campbell must be so happy to be out of here.

Last edited:

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
The delusion/arrogance of this GM to think what he had was sufficient. Thanks to him, this team is set back another 5 years.

I think you are right, we have thrown away five years. If we now blow it up under a competent GM, there's another three to five years before we get any decent return. So almost a decade of crap.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Exactly why would you play with enthusiasm if you've lived this ****show for close to a decade (Benn) or half-a-decade (Seguin)? Like one posted pointed out: They went in fully aware of what to achieve and they did all that gymnastics for Tavares and Karlsson and didn't even focus their efforts on something better than Comeau and Nichushkin. The delusion/arrogance of this GM to think what he had was sufficient. Thanks to him, this team is set back another 5 years.

He's going to keep saying the same shit because he has a contract in place until 2023.

Benn will be 33

Seguin will be 30

KjnPaMq.png

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Ya know i don't remember the team playing this poorly for Hitchcock. and i don't mean not scoring. I just mean completely 100% uninterested in playing at all

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
It's not like Nill et al. have done a good job of drafting since 2013- there's not much to be lost.

Nill is getting fired at this rate. Jim Lites might be sad about it but the team he built is horseshit.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Nill is getting fired at this rate. Jim Lites might be sad about it but the team he built is horse****.
I don't know if I can see any way Nil survives. I guess he may try to sacrifice Monty to save his skin, but this is almost all on him. Well, at least his bosses won't accept any blame, so it's got to be Nil.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Nill is getting fired at this rate. Jim Lites might be sad about it but the team he built is horse****.

That piece of shit should fire himself. He oversees hockey ops. This is also on him.

Pretty much everyone in the FO needs to go: Les Jackson, and all those dead weights whom have festered for over a decade/s in the organization and likely preventing the infusion of fresh blood and ideas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad