GDT: #48 – Sabres at Stars – Thu Jan 26, 8:30PM ET – MSG-B

CaseyMitts37

Mar 2, 2013
Buffalo
The 1st no goal was way worse. How is it not 100% conclusive when the goalie lifts his pad up and the puck is laying 6 inches inside the crease?

The NHL needs to clear up what is a goal and what's not a goal

I always thought of the puck passed the red line than it was a goal, but apparently that's not the case

jrb2590

Mar 15, 2014
Here's sams 'no goal' puck sitting right there on end. Combine that with the overhead view and you got yourself a goal. Complete nonsense that wasn't overturned

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
It's pretty much razor thin, so inconclusive. The other goal should be the one we cry about. Whoever said it was 6 inches in, well, sometimes us guys stretch inches.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Keep in mind that the overhead camera in the net is behind the goal line not directly above it. When the puck is on his pad the overhead shows Letenon in the net. That would put the puck clearly in net.

I agree, the camera angle is the only truth teller. That was way too close on camera in that situation to over-turn.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
It's pretty much razor thin, so inconclusive. The other goal should be the one we cry about.

It's not razor thin. The the overhead goal camera is not in line with the goal line it's behind it. So it's slight angle. See my previous post. When he has the puck on his hip the overhead cam, which does show the crossbar/goal line in sync, shows Letenon's hip well inside the goal

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Keep in mind that the overhead camera in the net is behind the goal line not directly above it. When the puck is on his pad the overhead shows Letenon in the net. That would put the puck clearly in net.

When I watch it on my laptop it looks like a goal.

When I watch it on my phone, and turn the phone sideways, it looks less conclusive.

As someone said, if the call on the ice is a goal, it wouldn't have been overturned. Stings knowing they probably scored five goals tonight and were credited with three.

jrb2590

Mar 15, 2014
And all that gets lost in this was that jack had another late game outstanding rush to score a 'goal'. Unreal game tonight and couldn't buy himself a point

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I agree, the camera angle is the only truth teller. That was way too close on camera in that situation to over-turn.

It wasn't too close to call. They just couldn't see the puck clearly on his black pants from the overhead camera. Because the rules don't allow a logical deduction they disallowed it. If it's on his white pads in the same situation we get a goal because it would be easy to see.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Honestly no I think they're both clear cut goals

They're both in the net. The problem is there isn't any one single view that shows it across the line conclusively based on the angles of the cameras.

The league won't use multiple views at the same point in time to figure out where the puck is exactly. Strange for a league that wants to "get it right"

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
OK, I've looked at the video postings here. And I am confused. Is the video displayed in your previous posts Reinhart's backhand or is from an earlier or later play?

My current take on the Reinhart waive off was that after the whistle, Reinhard's shot was found to be in the net (by Eichel and Sam) but no one produced a replay that was able to follow the puck from Lehtenin's initial save to the puck being on the ice under his pads. I sort of understand that the Ref's no goal call on the ice was going to stand because no one showed me any conclusive video evidence of the puck's pathway to the ice. Conjecture tells us all that it was in net. But I don't think that's good enough to overrule the on ice call.

Sucks but I expected the on ice ruling to stand on that one.

Last edited:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
This is ********

Seriously, we're not the team that can afford to have points lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad