GDT: #48 – Sabres at Stars – Thu Jan 26, 8:30PM ET – MSG-B

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Meh choose to be mad at bad reffing that is almost a nightly occurance, that is completely out of the teams control, or the **** poor goaltending. If not for bad goaltending from Dallas it's not even a game. Doors about to shut on this season and they manage 7 shots for the first half of the game.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Well, I've never stood alone and yelled at my TV at 3 in the morning before... so I'll call that a moral victory, or perhaps an alternative one.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
It wasn't too close to call. They just couldn't see the puck clearly on his black pants from the overhead camera. Because the rules don't allow a logical deduction they disallowed it. If it's on his white pads in the same situation we get a goal because it would be easy to see.

Black pants are key here NHL should mandate no black pants for goalies.
Impacts DAL CHI PIT I think San Jose. Dark green devils wear too.

I hope people understand it is likely only specific camera angles are allowable on review because not all arenas have the same views. They all have the NHL-installed overhead view which is slightly off vertical by design so you can see the crossbar and the back of the goal line as opposed to the crossbar covering the goal line completely. That way you are guaranteed of the crossbar not blocking view of white ice for pucks on the line and not fully over.

I agree both upheld no-goals would have been upheld as goals if originally called that way. Tough to say if th original ref call was inappropriate given the real time on-ice play. Bummer.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
The 1st no goal was way worse. How is it not 100% conclusive when the goalie lifts his pad up and the puck is laying 6 inches inside the crease?

The replay to me suggested the ref wasn't looking in the goal as the players cleared and stood after the whistle

To your question though, I assume there's a legit question as to whether the puck crossed after the whistle blew.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
To your question though, I assume there's a legit question as to whether the puck crossed after the whistle blew.

The whistle thing doesn't matter. It happened to the sabres earlier in the year. The goal still counted and they told Bylsma after the game that goals can still be counted after a whistle.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
The whistle thing doesn't matter. It happened to the sabres earlier in the year. The goal still counted and they told Bylsma after the game that goals can still be counted after a whistle.
I know that.
"Can" yes, but not "must".

I'll clarify. If the ref has blown the whistle after an apparent goalie save and the goalie tumbles into the net or otherwise causes the puck to cross the goal line, then I do not expect a goal to be awarded regularly. In fact rarely, if ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad