Post-Game Talk: #47 - 01/20/18 | rangers @ avalanche | 3:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
And the beauty of it is, all of the excuses to actually do this are now in place. No one would question them for doing this with all of these injuries. Just ****ing do it already. Play the youth for the rest of the season and get a head start. This is a no ****ing brainer.
Don’t wanna burn a year of LA and Chytil ELC when they aren’t ready to play NHL mins

Reactions: will1066

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
So, the reason they lost is because of a line change with 11 seconds to go?
The reason they lost is because our idiot coach deployed an ahl caliber roster as if it were a cup competing roster. When you have injuries like this...you load up on lines and skew ice time in their favor. Its not effing rocket science av.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The rangers could trade...
Grabner
Nash
McD
Zucc
Holden
Vesey
DD

And get back nothing but picks...and still ice the following team next year...

Kzb
? Hayes ?
Miller andersson chytil
Carey boo fasth

That's assuming the 2 kids are ready..that's just two top 9 players they need to add via ufa

Skjei Smith
Staal shattenkirk
? Ada

Theyd need to add 1 3rd pair defenseman who shoots left preferably or a right handed defenseman..pionk?and shift Smith to the left.

Worst case scenario their have like 20 million bucks to fill in 5 spots if chytil and lias aren't ready.

Fire av. Hire a coach that plays the lab like 25 mins a night and your have a competent team and a boatload of assets and cap space.

They woudlnt have to bottom out...and could still develop a ton of talent...

That's with getting back nothing but draft picks.

Unless you're using that money to sign Carlson, Tavares, and JVR, that looks like a non-playoff team to me.

Reactions: NCRanger

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Unless you're using that money to sign Carlson, Tavares, and JVR, that looks like a non-playoff team to me.
Non playoff? Likely. Bottom team in the nhl? Unlikely. Theyrr not bottoming out and really...with Henrik in net they still have a chance...and remember thats trading for nothing but futures...the point of it was to say even if u subtract all those players you're left with a competent lineup...not a sure fire worst team in the nhl club.

What i would do is trade McD for nylander and a first or some such return... Trade Nash and grabner for a first each. Trade such for a player like honka and a 2nd....trade vesey plus for galchenyuk...trade dd and Holden for a 3rd or 4th each. And call it a day.

Kreider zibanejad bechnevich
Miller Andersson nylander
Galchenyuk Hayes chytil
Carey boo fasth

Skjei Smith shatty honka staal dahlin (hehehe) ada pionk graves etc

Still a metric ton of cash to fill out the roster via ufa

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I don't think we could get a + on Nylander for McDonagh, but if we could sure, I'm all for it. Kid would be the best offensive talent at the youngest age NYR have had in a long, long time.

But my point is that if NYR move all those guys for futures and ELC players, you better bet they're going to turn around and take that cap space and put it into one or more of the big name free agents. This team isn't going to sit on 15 million of cap space.

So what we have to ask is, are more swaps like Stepan for 7th, then signing Shattenkirk, a good model for maximizing assets? A lot of it depends n how good a deal you can get the UFA's on, and how they fit our needs.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The reason they lost is because our idiot coach deployed an ahl caliber roster as if it were a cup competing roster. When you have injuries like this...you load up on lines and skew ice time in their favor. Its not effing rocket science av.

Tough to do in the altitude of Denver.

They lost because they have lots of injured regulars and they were playing a red-hot team, featuring a possible MVP.

I am not arguing that AV is a great coach but sometimes - actually it's the norm - fans can't accept the simplest reason for a loss. They tend to try and bend the reason towards their pre-existing opinions.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

They lost because they have lots of injured regulars and they were playing a red-hot team, featuring a possible MVP.

I am not arguing that AV is a great coach but sometimes - actually it's the norm - fans can't accept the simplest reason for a loss. They tend to try and bend the reason towards their pre-existing opinions.
So you say to explain a loss look for the simplest reason....but then use altitude as one of the reasons?

I mean..I get what you're saying tho so don't freak out about the last sentence.

I think ur point is well taken but I refuse to believe an nhl caliber player can't play 20 to 25 mins of hockey even at mile high.

The altitude didn't effect Henrik who as usual saw a barrage of shots.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Ive been such a huge Zucc fan for the past few years and considered him untradeable. Now I’m ok with it. He’s been invisible this season
Maybe because a playmaker wants a cycle once and then every 5th game to be able to do anything in the offensive zone? Sure, if you want a turd system that is the worst defensive team in the league, a horrible possession team and a.. inconsistent team offensively that can only score on the rush, which is worth jack shit in the playoffs, sure, trade Zuccarello.

Trade everyone but Grabner and Lundqvist. I have yet to see which other players that benefit (well, I wouldn't say Lundqvist likes this, he's just holding the fort) under Vigneault's idiotic system. Everyone only get better once they leave! Every player is better before they come here and once they leave, excluding Grabner. This is not based on data, but an opinion.

If that is not a f***ing tell that the coach is an emperor without clothes, I don't know what is. And of course the team is hurting, having a bunch of key players on the IR. But it's not about now, it's about this team looking like absolute horse shit for the absolute majority of this season - and the previous one, while the coach is showing more and more preeminence in his own incompetence. Talk about another case of the Dunning-Kruger syndrome.

Last edited:

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008

That's true, and they do have a game tonight as well (work is gonna suck tomorrow). That said, AV still needs to play the top six substantially more than the bottom six.

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
How did ADA look? I missed the game

You also missed the debate whether ADA had zero impact or neutral impact on the game.

My hot take: He was good. He didn't do anything magical offensively but he hustled, didn't commit egregious errors like he did early in the year, and saved Smith a c0uple of times who kept muffing passes and coughing up the puck like it was covered in a coat of phlegm.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017

Amen

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Maybe because a playmaker wants a cycle once and then every 5th game to be able to do anything in the offensive zone? Sure, if you want a turd system that is the worst defensive team in the league, a horrible possession team and a.. inconsistent team offensively that can only score on the rush, which is worth jack **** in the playoffs, sure, trade Zuccarello.

Trade everyone but Grabner and Lundqvist. I have yet to see which other players that benefit (well, I wouldn't say Lundqvist likes this, he's just holding the fort) under Vigneault's idiotic system. Everyone only get better once they leave! Every player is better before they come here and once they leave, excluding Grabner. This is not based on data, but an opinion.

If that is not a ****ing tell that the coach is an emperor without clothes, I don't know what is. And of course the team is hurting, having a bunch of key players on the IR. But it's not about now, it's about this team looking like absolute horse **** for the absolute majority of this season - and the previous one, while the coach is showing more and more preeminence in his own incompetence. Talk about another case of the Dunning-Kruger syndrome.

Yes!! I firm,y believe AV has no system and has p***yfied the players.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
The injuries are a legitimate reason behind yesterday's loss. But I also have seen this same game over and over for the past two months when they were healthy too.

Yep, this is the reality. Injuries finally hit us the past 2 weeks, but this team has surrendered 35+ shots a game for the last 2 months now. No excuses

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
People look for one little specific thing to blame each loss on that has nothing to do with the real issue, when the fact remains that we've been regularly giving up 55-65 shot attempts for THREE YEARS now.

Reactions: TheTakedown

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
People look for one little specific thing to blame each loss on that has nothing to do with the real issue, when the fact remains that we've been regularly giving up 55-65 shot attempts for THREE YEARS now.

BUT AVs SYSTEM bro!

No seriously, I cannot take this "quality over quantity" system that this jackass has in place.

The only thing I've considered as of late is that Gorton is playing the roster to it's current strength. The defense sucks but Hank is amazing, and the offense is good under AV, so in order to remain competitive until some of the defensive prospects finally break through, AV is being kept around since Hank can still keep the boat afloat.

I think on e the defensive prospects start to cone through, and we get through this draft (hopefully with an extra 1st rounder and a couple extra mid round picks), Gorton will reassess and then decide that the team is trending in a new direction and AV will be fired.

It all makes sense from a business perspective especially on paper -- when AVs system works the team scores like crazy which makes for a good product. Unfortunately it's the REST of AVs tendencies that make this team unwatchable

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
In the thick of what exactly? A wild card spot and a first round exit?

Any fan with a memory past 2014 knows how far lundqvist can and HAS dragged this franchise up the standings any given year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad