GDT: #47 - 01/12/14 | Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - NBC SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

e6o1.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2013/2014 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #47 - 01/12/2014

vs
(23-18-4) ____________ (23-20-3)

TIME | 7:00 PM ET ARENA | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | NBC SPORTS, RDS2

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@PHI 10/24/13 - NHL.com - Rangers.com - Flyers.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN.com - TSN.ca

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

5w0t.png

JANUARY SCHEDULE:

sv66.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

It felt like it was a world record for whistles and icings. That slow crawl. Sometimes, games like that, they’re just sitting on you.
There’s going to be turnovers. We created a lot but we also gave them some. But we did enough to win the game.
- Marc Staal

It was a tough game, there was a lot of whistles and it felt slow, there wasn’t much flow to it. I think when you are playing a road style that’s a good thing.
For us, we stuck with it and showed a lot of character and didn’t make too many mistakes.
- Rick Nash

It was a grind. It was a hard game to get momentum flow. That’s a lot of faceoffs. That’s a lot of time changing lines.
You’re not getting a whole lot of rhythm in the game so guys have to stay focused and I thought for the most part, we played pretty solid in the 1st and 3rd.
We were able to spend some quality time in their end.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="PHILADELPHIA FLYERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 45 | GF | 120
W | 23 | GA | 125
L | 18 | GF/G | 2.60
OTL | 4 | GA/G | 2.71
Pts | 50 | PIM/G | 15.7
HOME | 12-8-0 | PP% | 17.8
AWAY | 11-10-4 | PK% | 84.8
STREAK | L1 | FO% | 49.1

Division | 3rd
Conference | 6th
League | 15th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Wayne Simmonds | 15 Assists | Claude Giroux | 28 Points | Claude Giroux | 41 + / - | Gustafsson, Timonen | +4 Shots | Claude Giroux | 126 Hits | Zac Rinaldo | 135 Blocks | Nicklas Grossmann | 109 PIM | Zac Rinaldo | 101 FO% | Claude Giroux | 51.0 TOI/G F: | Claude Giroux | 21:09 TOI/G D: | Braydon Coburn | 22:52

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Michael Raffl | Claude Giroux (C) | Jakub Voracek
Scott Hartnell (A) | Brayden Schenn | Wayne Simmonds
Tye McGinn | Sean Couturier | Vincent Lecavalier
Jay Rosehill | Chris VandeVelde | Adam Hall

LD | RD
Kimmo Timonen (A) | Braydon Coburn
Mark Streit | Nicklas Grossmann
Luke Schenn | Andrej Meszaros

Scratched
Hal Gill|
Steve Downie|

STARTING GOALIE:

EmeryRay2.png

Ray Emery

GPI: 15 | W: 5 | L: 7 | OT: 0
SV% .897 | GAA: 2.86 | SO: 1 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Zac Rinaldo | Ankle sprain (IR)
Erik Gustafsson | Knee (IR)
Matt Read | Concussion (IR)
Marc Bourdon | Concussion (IR)
Chris Pronger | PCS (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 46 | GF | 114
W | 23 | GA | 123
L | 20 | GF/G | 2.41
OTL | 3 | GA/G | 2.63
Pts | 49 | PIM/G | 10.7
HOME | 9-10-3 | PP% | 21.3
AWAY | 14-10-0 | PK% | 84.7
STREAK | W2 | FO% | 49.5

Division | 4th
Conference | 8th
League | 17th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Kreid,Hag,Rich,Zucc | 11 Assists | Brad Richards | 22 Points | Brad Richards | 33 + / - | Chris Kreider | +10 Shots | Brad Richards | 141 Hits | Dan Girardi | 111 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 79 PIM | Derek Dorsett | 103 FO% | Brian Boyle | 55.8 TOI/G F: | Brad Richards | 19:06 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 24:41

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Chris Kreider | Derek Stepan | Rick Nash
Carl Hagelin | Brad Richards (A) | Ryan Callahan (C)
Benoit Pouliot | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Brian Boyle | Dominic Moore | Dan Carcillo

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh | Dan Girardi
Marc Staal (A) | Anton Stralman
John Moore | Michael Del Zotto

Scratched
Justin Falk|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 34 | W: 14 | L: 16 | OT: 3
SV% .908 | GAA: 2.73 | SO: 2 | Pts: 2

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Derek Dorsett | Broken fibula (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

z6f5.png

Last edited:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
This game has enormous playoff implications; the definition of a 4 pointer.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
The Rangers got screwed by the refs in the 2-1 loss when they played the Flyers in the beginning of the season so it is time to get those 2 points back!

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Massive playoff implications, both teams have been playing well, winner has a chance to take 2nd in the division.

Time for Cally's annual multi-goal game against Philly?

BarbaraAlphanse

Keep Simmonds away from the front of our goal and we have a chance..

A chance? We're not fielding a bunch of 1 legged invalids. They should have more than a chance. Should be an even game with a nasty bite. Wouldn't be surprised to see there be a few scraps tonight.

Punxrocknyc19*

A chance? We're not fielding a bunch of 1 legged invalids. They should have more than a chance. Should be an even game with a nasty bite. Wouldn't be surprised to see there be a few scraps tonight.

Carcillo is the only one that would fight so he will have at least 2.

BarbaraAlphanse

Carcillo is the only one that would fight so he will have at least 2.

Boyle? D. Moore? Cally? Possibly Kreider?

Has been a while but Girardi has dropped them when someone's agitated him enough. J Moore?

Could be a game where there is a lot of agitation.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Yeah, this could be a physical game.

Which also means that our special teams are gonna need to be good.

And Zucc needs to be on full agitator mode, because this Philly team has a bunch of guys he can easily goad into taking stupid penalties

Punxrocknyc19*

Has been a while but Girardi has dropped them when someone's agitated him enough. J Moore?

When has Dom Moore ever fought. And no to Boyle fighting to kill the Rangers momentum.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011

Boyle can fight, but he has to take his skates off first.

Cally's playing too well to spend 5 min in the box. As usual, I expect he'll drop 'em if it comes to it, but I'd prefer to have him on the ice.

CK should be drawing penalties, not taking them. Once again, if he'll throw with Phaneuf, we know he's not exactly afraid of fighting.

J. Moore is someone I might expect to get his physical on tonight.

We don't need to send anyone out looking for fights. But we can't be afraid to find one.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
I know it could never, never happen, but I'd be really happy if we acquired Simmonds somehow. He's exactly what a team like this needs. Hard nosed 2 way forward with a knack for the net, in the vein of Dubinsky.

You can't succeed with just one of those on your team.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
I've been very critical of this team all season......even after beating the hawks and going 7-3 in out last 10 games. This game, in my opinion is the ultimate measuring stick on whether the turn around will flourish or sink straight to the bottom of the sea. With Phillys great PK and our sub par 5 on 5 play......I don't have much faith in a victory tonight. If the turn around is real.....hank and company can beat philly. If either hank or the team is off by a step ( and there should be zero reason for them to be off even a slight bit tonight... ), this team will continue to hover around .500 all season long and continue to disappoint.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
I know it could never, never happen, but I'd be really happy if we acquired Simmonds somehow. He's exactly what a team like this needs. Hard nosed 2 way forward with a knack for the net, in the vein of Dubinsky.

You can't succeed with just one of those on your team.

Fully agree. He would have been the shot of adrenaline that this team sorely needed. When philly was tanking early on, that would have been the time to try and pluck him away from philly. Once they started the up swing.......he became almost untouchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad