Post-Game Talk: #46| FLYERS at Sabres | Sat., Jan. 17, 2015

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
These post game threads seem to get smaller and smaller.

Anyway, I'm glad Giroux and Voracek got points. Voracek is slumping a bit and only seems to be picking up PP points of late. Hope he and Giroux go on a tear after the All-Star break; we need something to cheer for.

Probably because their getting 3rd line minutes at even strength lol.

:help:

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Probably because their getting 3rd line minutes at even strength lol.

:help:

Pretty much... Even with Giroux's injured leg, Berube still has him taking defensive zone draws, too. Not to mention PKing.

I can understand if Berube wants to keep his minutes light because of an injury - but Jake's shouldn't get cut.

I am glad that somebody is finally screwing around with PP2. It has been broken for the longest time, and nobody has done anything to change it up until recently, where they've decided to put Couturier in the middle and keep only one defensemen on the point. Personally, I hate having two point men on the PP. Even on a team like Chicago who ran that formation in the past (not sure about this year), they struggled. With a stacked roster. I'm not sure how it would have worked here at all with what we have.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Read playing with a high ankle sprain and Giroux is still bleeding. Why isn't Laughton playing?? Wth are they doing? Get these guys healthy, what's the point of playing through injuries now???

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Wow, would have been better if they lost last night. Man, this team has fallen so far I don't want wins right now...:help: :laugh:

RJ8812*

I was at this game and had a lot of fun, but I have to say that BUF is one boring ass city

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007
How's the arena and all the stuff they built around it?

Buffalo is like a personafied Cortland. An old industrial city that is trying - desparately to resurrect itself. The summers are nice because of the lakes, but aside from that, there is not much to offer. The downtown sidewalks roll up when the sun goes down post September - February.

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007
How's the arena and all the stuff they built around it?

The arena is fine- a relatively modern arena (built 1996) with many post build updates. Its just that there is little community support outside of the arena. A few restaurants and pubs and most roll the sidewalks up early- particularly in the brutal winters.

RJ8812*

ya, the arena (or stadium as some Americans were calling it...lol) was nice, but the city does not have much to offer. Mind you, we only stayed in the downtown area. Definitely have to check out Anchor bar, Fat Bob's steakhouse and this brewery/pub near the arena (forget the name). There was a sports bar near the arena called 716 and it looked awesome, but it was impossible for us to get into before or after the game. The Metro system is also real easy to use. I'd love to go back there in the summer to see what it has to offer.

Also, it's been said many times, but it's pretty sad how little Americans know about Canada. There were a lot of :facepalm: moments while I was chatting with them. I did find it nice that they actually sang the Canadian national anthem before the game though.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Most Americans are taught absolutely nothing about Canada. Most of us don't even have to learn your three provinces of East Canada, West Canada, and Ice Canada. Nor can they find Canada City on a map.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Most Americans are taught absolutely nothing about Canada. Most of us don't even have to learn your three provinces of East Canada, West Canada, and Ice Canada. Nor can they find Canada City on a map.

^^^ummm just so you know it goes like this..

Vancouver (and surrounding area), Icy-Canada..

thats it... and im not even kidding.

RJ8812*

haha ya. That's my fav.

The thought that Canada is just one great big city

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: