Post-Game Talk: #46 | Blackhawks at Flyers | January 19, 2023

3mFlyers

Nov 24, 2021
Their goalie was better. Frost looked good. Everyone else meh. Prov is just sad. Teams play 50 feet off of him because he can’t pass and they know he wont skate it up the ice.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I’m at a point where I don’t even know if I’m a fan anymore? Idk first time I loved a team and just can’t even watch or want to think about them, who knows if I’ll ever come back to what I once was as a flyers fan.
It’s truly sad. When I turn on the TV my brain is porgrammed as a Flyers fan and it says “root for team in orange”… I really have to tell myself, “no root for the other team” to try and be lucky with a damn ping pong ball. It’s upsetting

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019
They were coming together as a group. Now we know they’re not. Distractions! Looking at the schedule, it’s time for another 10 game losing streak!
"it’s time for another 10 game losing streak!"

Attachments

• aYrRMjq_460s.jpg
    aYrRMjq_460s.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 2

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
This is a game you kind of had to had if you’re looking through Chuck Fletcher’s lens. One of the worst teams in the league. You outplayed them by a good margin. This was essentially the ending of soft stretch in the schedule too. Your schedule going forward picks up with a good amount of teams in the upper half of the league.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Things even out, they won a few games early in the season where they were badly outplayed, they've lost a few games later on when they outplayed the opposition by a wide margin.

What is worrisome is Hart didn't come down to earth, he seems to have crashed - since that hot start he's been a below average goalie.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Things even out, they won a few games early in the season where they were badly outplayed, they've lost a few games later on when they outplayed the opposition by a wide margin.

What is worrisome is Hart didn't come down to earth, he seems to have crashed - since that hot start he's been a below average goalie.
Yeah, the talk that the Flyers are where they are because Hart has carried them … not accurate.

He stole a few games for them, like all goalies do, but for the season Hart has actually provided below average goaltending.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

You owe us 7 more paragraphs.

Hart's full crash coincides with Risto breaking him in a fit of idiocy.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The club is going from no goalies to several of them. Wonder if in two seasons Ersson is the main guy?
Don't write off Fedotov, he should be finished his one year duty by next fall.
And I'm sure he'll be "headed for the nearest foreign border" as soon as he can.
I can see him starting for the Phantoms next year, shaking off the rust.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The club is going from no goalies to several of them. Wonder if in two seasons Ersson is the main guy?
Not only Ersson, but Kolosov is a very promising 21-yr-old goalie prospect who may be coming to North America next season.

And they still have Fedotov, who is only 26.

With Hart due for a new contract following next season, it would be prime time to trade him, IMO.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
I actually enjoyed listening to the Hawks feed last night. Intermission studio was pretty good too
I absolutely cannot stand our announcers. Their love fair with our disgusting fourth line borders on insane. They go out of their way to promote them. Each one of them falls at least once per shift. No skill, no speed, although at times it looks like they are going fast just because of all the extra body movements they do to get their bodies moving.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I absolutely cannot stand our announcers. Their love fair with our disgusting fourth line borders on insane. They go out of their way to promote them. Each one of them falls at least once per shift. No skill, no speed, although at times it looks like they are going fast just because of all the extra body movements they do to get their bodies moving.
I went to the game last night with a buddy who appreciates hockey and knows how everything works but doesn't really know a lick about who the players are or anything like that.

Each time Deslauriers or MacEwen were on the ice I just point pointed them out and told him to watch them. My buddy was howling.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Pretty neat that MacEwen, Brown and Deslauriers have the worst GF% on the team because the team struggles like crazy to put the puck in the net with them on the ice. It's all so predictable. You could get by with one of them on the 4th line, maybe even two. But put all three together like the idiot GM and the dino coach have done? Then you're f***ed.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Pretty neat that MacEwen, Brown and Deslauriers have the worst GF% on the team because the team struggles like crazy to put the puck in the net with them on the ice. It's all so predictable. You could get by with one of them on the 4th line, maybe even two. But put all three together like the idiot GM and the dino coach have done? Then you're f***ed.

I especially like the defense of that being that you couldn't possibly slot any prospects onto that line, because then they'd have to play with at least one absolute slob.

But that apparently doesn't count as blocking youth

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad