GDT: #45 – Red Wings at Sabres – Fri Jan 20, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
My reaction now after remembering When that guy at work said Murray overpaid on all of his trades, I said "not for oreilly" and he said "well..." :laugh:

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Bylsma gets called out for not getting Eichel out early and comes up with a bunch of excuses of why he didn't put him on the ice earlier.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I've been saying this since last season, Eichel has freaky talent/size/strength where if he wanted to he could pretty much do whatever he wanted offensively - he had another 6 shots on goal tonight without much effort.

He now leads the entire NHL in SOG Per Game at 4.16, and with him that is sustainable. 100 SOG in 24 games . Burns leads with 177 SOG in 46 games.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Yeah, that line was dangerous all night. Could have had a few goals, generally dominant.
I think they're the most ineffectively effective ES line in the league if that makes any sense. They generate a lot of chances and just nothing goes in. And they're doing it with Foligno who has been terrible since being moved off FLG.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I've been saying this since last season, Eichel has freaky talent/size/strength where if he wanted to he could pretty much do whatever he wanted offensively - he had another 6 shots on goal tonight without much effort.

He now leads the entire NHL in SOG Per Game at 4.16, and with him that is sustainable. 100 SOG in 24 games . Burns leads with 177 SOG in 46 games.

And how many times a game are you left saying "Eichel should've shot that"....

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003

I'd be interested to know how many of those are on the PP. And where he's shooting from. It seems to me like he still has a hard time getting inside the box and the prime shooting areas at even strength. Defense men are getting more an more familiar on how successfully keep him to the outside.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'd be interested to know how many of those are on the PP. And where he's shooting from. It seems to me like he still has a hard time getting inside the box and the prime shooting areas at even strength. Defense men are getting more an more familiar on how successfully keep him to the outside.

Ankle + rush-killing breakout system. A healthy Eichel under any scheme that actually allows rush chances is going to create a ton of them.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
And how many times a game are you left saying "Eichel should've shot that"....

Last night at least 3 times. :)

Any to everyone grousing about Byslma/Risto, last night during the overtime PK, he and Bogo had _two_ chances to come off for a change, and they shook off the bench to stay out there.

They're fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad