[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014/2015 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #44 - 01/20/2015

vs
OTT: 18-18-8_________NYR: 26-13-4

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, TSN5

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; OTT@NYR 4/5/14 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - SENATORS.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

JANUARY SCHEDULE:

januaryschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

There’s no secret that Nash has been our best player this year.
It’s amazing how he comes to the rink and carries himself and he’s sparking the team when we need it desperately.
Tonight was a great start to the game. His whole line played really well.
- Derek Stepan

It shows the character we’ve got on this team to kind of bounce back after a tough home loss and another loss on the road against Boston.
To come back and get these two wins in pretty tough buildings to play in, it’s a huge deal.
- Rick Nash

It was a total team effort today.
With the amount of games we had to play, I was really pleased with how we competed and executed.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="OTTAWA SENATORS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 44 | GF | 120
W | 18 | GA | 122
L | 18 | GF/G | 2.66
OTL | 8 | GA/G | 2.68
Pts | 44 | PIM/G | 11.9
HOME | 9-6-4 | PP% | 17.1
AWAY | 9-12-4 | PK% | 83.2
L10 | 4-4-2 | FO% | 47.3
STREAK | L1 | S/O | 3-4

Division | 7th
Conference | 11th
League | 23rd

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Mike Hoffman | 15 Assists | Erik Karlsson | 22 Points | Bobby Ryan | 31 + / - | Mike Hoffman | +18 Shots | Erik Karlsson | 166 Hits | Mark Borowiecki | 114 Blocks | Cody Ceci | 57 PIM | Eric Gryba | 68 FO% | David Legwand | 48.4 TOI/G F: | Kyle Turris | 19:25 TOI/G D: | Erik Karlsson | 27:10

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Clarke MacArthur | Kyle Turris | Alex Chiasson
Mike Hoffman | Mika Zibanejad | Bobby Ryan (A)
Chris Neil | David Legwand | Curtis Lazar
Milan Michalek | Jean Pageau | Mark Stone

LD | RD
Marc Methot | Erik Karlsson (C)
Jared Cowen | Cody Ceci
Chris Phillips (A) | Eric Gryba

Scratched
Colin Greening|

STARTING GOALIE:

Anderson-Craig.png

Craig Anderson

GPI: 29 | W: 12 | L: 11 | OT: 6 | PIM: 4
SV% .927 | GAA: 2.33 | SA: 924 | GA: 67 | SO: 3

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Mark Borowiecki | Lower body (IR)
Zack Smith | Upper body (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 43 | GF | 131
W | 26 | GA | 104
L | 13 | GF/G | 3.00
OTL | 4 | GA/G | 2.33
Pts | 56 | PIM/G | 9.3
HOME | 13-6-3 | PP% | 19.7
AWAY | 13-7-1 | PK% | 82.8
L10 | 7-3-0 | FO% | 46.3
STREAK | W2 | S/O | 2-4

Division | 3rd
Conference | 6th
League | 11th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Rick Nash | 28 Assists | Derek Stepan | 23 Points | Rick Nash | 43 + / - | Rick Nash | +18 Shots | Rick Nash | 157 Hits | Dan Girardi | 118 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 96 PIM | Chris Kreider | 71 FO% | Dominic Moore | 55.1 TOI/G F: | Derek Stepan | 18:10 TOI/G D: | Dan Girardi | 23:28

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Chris Kreider | Derek Stepan (A) | Martin St. Louis (A)
Carl Hagelin | Kevin Hayes | Jesper Fast
J.T. Miller | Dominic Moore | Lee Stempniak

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh (C) | Dan Girardi (A)
Marc Staal (A) | Dan Boyle
Matt Hunwick | Kevin Klein

Scratched
John Moore|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 34 | W: 22 | L: 9 | OT: 3 | PIM: 0
SV% .920 | GAA: 2.26 | SA: 952 | GA: 76 | SO: 5

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Tanner Glass | Upper body (DTD)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboysgdt.png

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Last game before the break. With one of the lightest schedules of all teams in the league, it's good that Hank is not wasting time at the All Star game.

Focus on tonight, get some much needed rest because down the stretch, I can see Hank starting no less than 30 of the remaining 38 games. Maybe more.

Win tonight, get some rest. 2nd half is going to be fast and furious.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
Last game before the break. With one of the lightest schedules of all teams in the league, it's good that Hank is not wasting time at the All Star game.

Focus on tonight, get some much needed rest because down the stretch, I can see Hank starting no less than 30 of the remaining 38 games. Maybe more.

Win tonight, get some rest. 2nd half is going to be fast and furious.

Let's GOOO Rangers!!! Ps. Has anyone seen how big headed islander fans are getting on the main boards? They think two regular season wins over us means they are going to destroy us in the playoffs lol.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
The legs feed the wolf, gentlemen.

It's no surprise that when the Rangers are at their best they're going hard through the neutral zone with a plan and a purpose.

Let's see some of that tonight.

Quick exits out of our zone, and create off the rush.

LGR

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Let's GOOO Rangers!!! Ps. Has anyone seen how big headed islander fans are getting on the main boards? They think two regular season wins over us means they are going to destroy us in the playoffs lol.

Until the Rangers beat that team, they and their fans have every justification to believe what they believe.

I'm sure that Tampa Fans feel the say way and rightfully so.

Until we can beat them, there's not much room to argue. Both teams have been better than the Rangers on the nights they have played. The record the Rangers carry against every other team in the league carries little merit or value when playing the Islanders and or Tampa.

We are 0-5 and have given up 24 goals (4.8 per game) while scoring just 2 goals a game.

if I were them, I'd feel pretty damn good as well.

NYRangerFan*

Everything about Ottawa looks bad. Neil on the 3rd line is a joke. Win please

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
We need these points going into the break... And Tampa and islanders have had the benefit of playing us at our worst

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
What are the chances that Chris Neil does something stupid?

Don't know what it is about Ottawa, but it seems like the Rangers always struggle against them, especially at home.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009

They have every right to until we beat them.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
What are the chances that Chris Neil does something stupid?

Don't know what it is about Ottawa, but it seems like the Rangers always struggle against them, especially at home.

When Alfredsson played for them I remember MSG said they were something absurd like 12-1-1 at MSG since the 05 lockout. Struggling at home against them is an understatement.

No offense but who cares what they think?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Lol:

@AGrossRecord: Stat of the day: In the regular season since 4/18/06, Sens are 13-1-1 at MSG. Last Rangers regulation win in that span was 10/3/09.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Anyone wanna take a guess at how the faceoff stats are going to look after the game? I suppose they might be closer than usual now that Spezza is in Dallas.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
is Wiercioch injured?
Odd they're not scoring, they have O skill on every line (least on the 3d, but Lazar was impressive at WJC.
Look at the '4th' line, Michalek, Pageau who was on fire for a while late last year, and i still see Stone's snipe from the RW at MSG in playoffs, in his first or 2d NHL game.
Chiasson was one of the best rookies in the league last year for Dallas.
They do always seem to win in Regular season at MSG; for a while they were putting Phillips in front on PP and scored a few that way. They had some big 3d periods against us.
Just play like Sunday and NYR should win

Edit - well either his shot led to a rebound to Spezza, or a save by Henrik, or I am just clueless, because he only had an assist in that series, even though i clearly recall him bringing the puck down the right side and firing
"..Stone made his NHL debut during last year’s playoffs against the New York Rangers and set up Spezza for a goal in a Game 5 win at Madison Square Garden."

Last edited:

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Guess its a chance to get an eye on Marc Methot. If he's healthy, massive "if", he could be a guy Sather looks at at the deadline.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Please win. I feel like Spezza used to score a bunch of goals at msg when he was with the Sens. Now that he's in Dallas, I'd really like to see the Rangers not embarrass themselves against the Sens at home.

Feeling a 3-1 victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad