Prospect Info: 42OA: Andrew Gibson

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The only thing Gibson has on Johansson is the "physicality". And even then he's not out there blowing people up.

I just...can't get behind this pick. With the talent on the table there was no f***ing way he wouldn't have been available in the 4th round. This isn't a Bertuzzi, "well he was buried and didn't play much and he was hurt" situation. This is a guy that wasn't good enough to play his way up.
I liked a good amount of other options better, but I definitely think Gibson has some good/interesting tools to work with. If he would have played how he played for Canada at the U18s all year he probably would have been a first rounder. Maybe we feel like he has a valid excuse for not playing better in the OHL this year.

Reminds me a little of Jordan Sambrook from a few years back who I liked and I think could have been a useful player if he had developed better.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
I was more ok with the Gibson pick at the time than the ASP pick....although I was hoping for Gibson in the 3rd, not at 42. I was impressed with him watching the u18s, and from what I understand, he dealt with a significant injury and played with a doggy doo doo D corps with the Greyhounds. I can handle this pick better than the Cleveland pick who should have been taken at 117.

Reactions: norrisnick

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
I was more ok with the Gibson pick at the time than the ASP pick....although I was hoping for Gibson in the 3rd, not at 42. I was impressed with him watching the u18s, and from what I understand, he dealt with a significant injury and played with a doggy doo doo D corps with the Greyhounds. I can handle this pick better than the Cleveland pick who should have been taken at 117.
I definitely was not over moon with either dman pick, but I do trust our scouts. There were guys I liked better, but for what it's worth, THN draft guide had Gibson as a 2nder and Cleveland as a 3nd. And the addition of a nonsense truly

Reactions: jfrank21

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
Physical dman is needed. We haven't had one in a while and could let sieder play to his full strengths

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Cool detail: this guy is from LaSalle, Ontario, which is essentially Windsor. So he's from right across the water, like 30 min away from LCA, tops. He's from closer to Detroit than virtually every Michigander on here. It's not at all a stretch to say this is a hometown guy.

No wonder Draper did find this guy. ;)

Reactions: GoBoltz56

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
More info on Gibson for you:

Thanks for the backup.