GDT: #42 | Flyers at Wild | January 12, 2024 | 8:00 PM | NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Brink has not played well for a few weeks, probably wearing down, rookie wall and he's undersized.
Minnesota is a bad team, with some big muckers, playing at home, so likely to be a dirty game.
This is the kind of game you use Nick for a few shifts, let him get in a fight and take a Wild player out for a period (5 fighting, 10 minute misconduct).

Brink is not ready for 15 minutes a night, 82 games. He flashes offensive skill, but gets bounced around and is a liability without the puck. Plus, they don't really have a center who can maximize his skill, Foerster is a better fit on the 2nd line (and he's a year YOUNGER than Brink) because he excels at the dirty work (winning board battles) to feed Frost, and they simply don't have a 3C who can take advantage of Brink's skill set.

Atkinson will probably be gone next year and Brink will have a bigger role.

1705099745972.png

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I don't hate Brink getting a day off. it's not the worst thing in the world. Let the kid get some rest and get back to it.

But we definitely need to move a d man eventually

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
What I find hilarious is that he first said he doesn't keep tabs on the players and who are coming to view them, then said, "I knew this was going to come up today..."
jesus he comes across like a asshole.

"sure id love for his parents to see him play! but you know what f*** him. cuz im the Emporer"..

christ i cant wait for this guy to be gone

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
I don't hate Brink getting a day off. it's not the worst thing in the world. Let the kid get some rest and get back to it.

But we definitely need to move a d man eventually
Could of gotten the day off with Montreal game. Torts does this shit on purpose. Putting in nic d means running a line up of 10 forwards come crunch time. When it boils down to it its really 8 forwards because Atkinson is a shell of his former self and Hathaway isn't all that good in generating chances. It's a miracle they've won as many games with this jackass of a coach

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
Is he sitting Brink to play a different forward or to go with that god-forsaken 11/7 lineup, which I pray every night would be banned?

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
Wait - Brink is from the Minneapolis region.

I really don't want to hate Torts, but considering they're playing three games in four nights and you could scratch him in Winnipeg or St. Louis, it's a pretty sad commentary to sit him when there will undoubtedly be friends and family in attendance. So much for the not-awful vibe I had for the guy after he made that defense of Hayes.

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Could of gotten the day off with Montreal game. Torts does this shit on purpose. Putting in nic d means running a line up of 10 forwards come crunch time. When it boils down to it its really 8 forwards because Atkinson is a shell of his former self and Hathaway isn't all that good in generating chances. It's a miracle they've won as many games with this jackass of a coach
I don't disagree with this either. I'm by no means a fan of Torts. But I do think Brink and Foerster likely need a day off here and there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad