Post-Game Talk: #41 | Canadiens at Flyers | January 10, 2024 | Flyers win 3-2 (SO 1-0)

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
I'm just going to say this on behalf of all the old people for the young people who don't know: Niedermayer was very f***ing good.

This has nothing to do with Drysdale or anything else - just a statement. How good was he? He was so good that his goatee at Kamloops made me grow a goatee and keep it for three or four years. Just a quick note - when shaving off a three- or four-year goatee, be prepared - your face will look like a buttock for a while.
I'm guessing the ladyboys loved it after you shaved.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Provided they don't trade Frost, and as the biggest hater of Mississauga Tippett there was......there's a number where Tippett makes sense. Even I can't deny he's chaotic fun. I don't think he's being traded anyway. Contractually, they can work out a hair dye clause.

*ducks*
I wont accept giving him a penny over $774,999.99 per year, you filthy traitor.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
My early (!!!) impression of Drysdale’s skill-set is he’s closer to the style and version York was touted to be (well, by others…) than York. And I really like York still, but there’s more pop in Drysdale’s feet. It turns out passing is important in this sport and having a blue line comprised of skilled passers is okay and even good! I don’t want to throw out names but I’ll just say it: Scott Niedermayer. /s

Trade Hart. Trade Laughton. Good night and good luck.
I wasn’t lying when I said stylistically he plays like Scotty(with less offensive upside)…. But how he skates and how he uses his stick in the dzone and the way he passes all look similar…. Even similar in the way they shoot…. Not hard but they change the angle well to get shots through.

He’s still developing his nhl game, but he should be really good for you

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Go off, King.

I'll be honest, I generally find Torts' pressers somewhere between annoying and completely insufferable, but that, right there, seemed genuine, and really gets across the point I've seen made online about Torts being able to completely divorce professional difficulties with someone from his personal opinion of them. Given the way he clashed with Hayes, I wouldn't have expected him to react in quite that same way, but that speaks well of him.

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
When the new Flyers Chairman (Dan Hilferty) was asked what his favorite part about the new Flyers jerseys was he said the IBX patch. I kid you not.

Now for context, Hilferty spent a good portion of his career working for Independence Blue Cross which is an insurance company.

So yeah, that's what we're working with over here.
Were you in attendance at that event? The 30 minute explanation of the jersey and patch while the players were standing there awkwardly modeling them was *chef’s kiss*

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
Also, if they don't get two points, it's totally on Torts. He thought it was an afterthought they were going to get a few goals and didn't put Sanheim and Drysdale out with Couturier until the 3rd.
That’s just patently false. Drysdale and Sanheim had multiple shifts with the TK line. Several other times it appeared Torts was trying to get them out there together, but the on ice situation wasn’t conducive to a change.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Good scouting report from Ana fans. Drysdale goid player, great skater but not much of a shot.
Ya he doesn’t have the biggest shot in the world but he is able to get one through for deflections. His biggest asset is his skating and that allows him to jump into plays and then he can come in and get off a more solid wrist shot. Fantastic skater tho, I’m excited to have him

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They’re “officially partnered” and Torts’ boss quickly jumped on the podcast or whatever you wanna call it when they were live on Monday to attack Gauthier’s character.

Either they're working a shoot or Tortorella isn't on board with the usual Flyers MO.

It's one or the other, because the "We think it was Hayes" thing came from the inside.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Either they're working a shoot or Tortorella isn't on board with the usual Flyers MO.

It's one or the other, because the "We think it was Hayes" thing came from the inside.

Not disagreeing, ANT and to a lesser degree Therien seem to have a decent pulse of goings on. Just curious how you have come to know this.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Torts can pump himself up and rally the fanbase, but he’s never worn the jersey. He kissed their rings before, but they’ll stab him in the back if his squawking threatens them. Danny and Jonesy must have blackmailed them to keep their mouths shut during this.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
I was. I’m the one that asked about Kyle Beach and the Sharp hire.
Oh hey, I remember you!!!

One of the few (perhaps the only?) interesting questions asked that night.

That’s really weird cause based on your posts on here, I would’ve thought it was more likely you asked the question about bringing back the Kate Smith statue...:sarcasm:

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Ya he doesn’t have the biggest shot in the world but he is able to get one through for deflections. His biggest asset is his skating and that allows him to jump into plays and then he can come in and get off a more solid wrist shot. Fantastic skater tho, I’m excited to have him
His shot is a bit of a muffin to be honest, but he can work on that.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Whichever one first talked about Hayes cited sources in the team
Because "reporters" have never, ever lied to get a story out there, especially not the Philly press.

I have massive reservations about Torts coaching choices, but no one can ever state he won't bat for his players against the media, or just about anyone else really.

ASF, and 90% of the flyers media are gutless hacks that are passive aggressive dickheads because they can't get the Eagles gig that they actually want. We've had first hand sources from media interns on this board that have stated how many assholes exist in that world.

The comment about having to sit next to them while they scoff their free food like pigs at a trough always resonates with me.

Multiple players have taken shots at them over the last 10 years.

Reactions: VladDrag

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad