$400 stick?

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Some guy came into my store asking about the $400 stick that Easton is coming out with.

Easton so far has not told us anything about this. If anything the price of comp sticks should decrease. Any info or confirmation on this?

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
That stick better come with dinner & a movie, cuz $400 is about $200 too much for even the best of sticks

Diamond Joe

Apr 7, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yeah, that's bananas man.

The S17 goes from anywhere like $220-299, but I think it depends on where you get it, obviously I think online it's cheaper but you pay shipping so it doesn't make THAT much of a difference. Mine was $341 incl. tax. CDN

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I want to start a company and come out with a $600 stick called the "diminishing returns x-Treme." I bet it'll be a hot seller.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
If I buy one and heated skates can I play in the NHL? I don't think either one alone will put me over the top, but maybe both combined.

I'm over 40 and play pond hockey if that helps.

Diamond Joe

Apr 7, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don't understand why everyone rips on stick prices, yes they're high but what other high-end products are not...that's the point of having high-end products, their prices are high, the technology is new. They've come out with lower-end models for a reason as well. If some people elect to buy newer expensive models, so be it. I am not just saying this b/c I use one-piece sticks...some people actually find results from them and it's worth it.

ower

Sep 14, 2007
SEA by way of Tempe
I don't understand why everyone rips on stick prices, yes they're high but what other high-end products are not...that's the point of having high-end products, their prices are high, the technology is new. They've come out with lower-end models for a reason as well. If some people elect to buy newer expensive models, so be it. I am not just saying this b/c I use one-piece sticks...some people actually find results from them and it's worth it.

That's why I just pick up branches that break off of trees... until I can make a Stick out of a tree struck by lightning.. Hey.. It worked for Robert Redford :teach:

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
I'd be surprised if there is any actual NEW technology in these sticks that isn't just something that Easton has used in it's other manufacturing branches.

Easton's S17 actually has a few new advances. It's elliptical shape towards the taper stabilizes the shaft by cutting air resistance. It's also fused further up on the shaft. I believe they also use a new bladder in the blade.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Easton's S17 actually has a few new advances. It's elliptical shape towards the taper stabilizes the shaft by cutting air resistance. It's also fused further up on the shaft. I believe they also use a new bladder in the blade.

New in hockey sticks, or new in carbon fibre manufacturing?

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Bah.. I stick to the two piece (pun intented) with a wooden blade. A whole lot cheaper that way!

sync

BECAUSE...REASONS!!!
Aug 1, 2007
I want to start a company and come out with a $600 stick called the "diminishing returns x-Treme." I bet it'll be a hot seller.

i bet it explodes in the players hands on the first slap shot.
kekekegay.gif

Jul 31, 2005
CA
You're better off as a rec player to wait for the new stuff to come out and buy last years models. You can get the high end 2006 sticks for $130 or cheaper if you look around. By this time next year the S17 will be $150. I think the guy may have been talking about the Thermablades though.

pappyline

Jul 3, 2005
Mass/formerly Ont
Yikes. I know I am really dating myself, But back when I was a Kid I paid $2 for a stick (usually paid less than a buck). Lent it to a friend in the next game and he broke it, still haven't recovered. Just to put things in perspective,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad